You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi All!

Below C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Photo\1.0   I currently find more than 60 MB of files called Autosave. What do these include? Will they be automatically deleted someday or you have to take care of it yourself. I take care of myself for the backup of my data and photos.

Guzzi

Windows 10 Prof.; Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481, Beta 1.8.0.532

• Staff

Hi Guzzi,

The auto save files only contain incremental changes and are supposed to help recover from power failures and other catastrophic events.  If you've ever had Affinity crash and when you reopen it, you'll should see a message about a recovery file being found, the 'autosave' file is what's been found.

Affinity should delete the autosave files when it's been run up and closed without any issues.  There was a bug awhile back where some of these didn't get deleted.  If you can start up Affinity, close it without any errors and those files are still in the autosave folder, then if you delete them you should start seeing the correct behaviour :) 

13 hours ago, catlover said:

Just as a matter of curiosity : Where can I find it on the Mac ?

~/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinityphoto/Data/Library/Application Support/autosave/

(The tilde & slash prefix are the abbreviation for the path to your user account home folder, so don't confuse this with the top level Library folder.)

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 4 months later...
On 9/7/2018 at 2:16 PM, stokerg said:

The auto save files only contain incremental changes and are supposed to help recover from power failures and other catastrophic events.  If you've ever had Affinity crash and when you reopen it, you'll should see a message about a recovery file being found, the 'autosave' file is what's been found.

Affinity should delete the autosave files when it's been run up and closed without any issues.  There was a bug awhile back where some of these didn't get deleted.  If you can start up Affinity, close it without any errors and those files are still in the autosave folder, then if you delete them you should start seeing the correct behaviou

Hello!

After this information, I deleted the autosave files. Today I checked again and find out that these files meanwhile occupy more than 1 GB. I do not remember, however, that I had a program crash. What's wrong here? At the same time, I am not yet working with AP "fully". Are there any other places on the hard drive where files are stored that I do not know about and that take away my capacity?  There are so many processes that I still can not deal with. I'm still learning, but I still do a lot of things in Photoshop because it's easier and faster for me.

Nach dieser Auskunft habe ich die Autosave-Dateien gelöscht. Heute habe ich wieder nachgesehen und stelle fest, dass diese Dateien mittlerweile mehr als 1 GB belegen. Ich kann mich jedoch nicht erinnern, dass ich einen Programmabsturz gehabt hätte. Was stimmt hier nicht? Dabei arbeite ich mit AP noch gar nicht "voll".  Gibt es vielleicht noch andere Orte auf der Festplatte, auf denen Dateien gespeichert werden, von denen ich nichts weiß und die mir Kapazität wegnehmen?  Es sind so viele Abläufe, mit denen ich noch nicht zurecht komme. Ich lerne noch immer dazu, aber vieles mache ich noch in Photoshop, weil es dort für mich einfacher und rascher geht.

Grüße
Guzzi

image.png

Windows 10 Prof.; Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481, Beta 1.8.0.532