You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher questions and suggestions (split)

Hello
First I apologize, my english is bad, i use the google translator.
The program Affinity Publisher Beta I think is quite successful.
That one can open PDF files in Affinity Publisher, I find very good and has probably been taken over by Pageplus.
Since the beta version is only in English and I do not understand English very well, so far I could not find a manual, the testing possibilities of Affinity Publisher are currently still very limited.
So far, I've come up with 3 features that I miss significantly. Maybe these features already exist in Affinity Publisher, but I can not find them.
1.) Since I've been using Serif products for quite some time (currently Pageplus X8, Photoplus X8, Drawplus X8, Webplus X8), switching to Affinity would be good if there was a way to open Pageplus X8 files in Affinity Publisher, and if you can import Photoplus X8 and Drawplus X8 into Affinity Publisher. For long-term serif customers who have already created a large number of files, otherwise the transition would be too difficult, because they would have to convert without import function, their old files individually in another format that supports Affinity Publisher.
2.) In Pageplus there is the function "Photolab", which I find very useful, where you can change a lot of parameters of images such as color, brightness, contrast, color temperature, tint and saturation ... without the original Image data changed. With this function, you can make a variety of color moods of a design, without having to change the original image data again and again in the image editing program. I would like to have such a feature in Affinity Publisher.
3.) I find in Affinity Publisher no function with which one can manually determine the exact image section of an image with imported images, as for example in Quark-Xpress the case and in a slightly limited version also in Pageplus X8 ( in Pageplus you can enlarge and reduce an image within the image frame with the + and - buttons and move it with the hand button within the image frame, to the left or to the right, up and down, and thus obtain the desired image detail relatively exactly. When I put on an image frame in Affinity Publisher and import an image, I have not been able to achieve a specific image detail of an image in the image frame with the existing functions known to me in Affinity Publisher.
If these 3 features mentioned by me already exist in Affinity Publisher, I ask for information, where to find them. If these features do not exist in Affinity Publisher, consider my email as a suggestion.
Best regards

Robert Wollenweber

• Staff

@Robert Wollenweber

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

I have moved your post (which mainly contains feature suggestions) out of the patch announcement thread.

#1 There is a long and passionate thread on PagePlus import in this forum, where we have said we are not planning to add this feature, sorry.

#2 In the Plus range the files were not interchangable so PagePlus DrawPlus PhotoPlus could not load or save each others files. Consequently we added Photolab to all the non photo editing software. Affinity has a different approach, and so (as the files are interchangeable between the applications) we keep the sophisticated photo editing features in Affinity Photo and would encourage you to buy the right application for the right function. However Affinity Publisher will have a Photo persona on the toolbar that will allow you do what you are asking (if you own Affinity Photo).

#3 The image in a Publisher frame can be adjusted in size and position by simply selecting the image (not the frame) in the Layers tab.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon