You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Shutdown

Hi,

Publisher 1.7.058 Beta shuts down while trying to load saved publisher files from older Beta versions.

I'm running Window 7 Pro, 64bit, OS is fully up to date, give or take 3-5 days. 24gig Ram & GTX 750ti graphic card.

Any Ideas

Mark

15 hours ago, hartopp said:

Hi,

Publisher 1.7.058 Beta shuts down while trying to load saved publisher files from older Beta versions.

I'm running Window 7 Pro, 64bit, OS is fully up to date, give or take 3-5 days. 24gig Ram & GTX 750ti graphic card.

Any Ideas

Mark

The issue is not just with older Publisher files.  Try re-opening a document created from scratch with the new beta.

No problem here loading previous documents, Win 10.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

• Staff
5 hours ago, abarkalo said:

The issue is not just with older Publisher files.  Try re-opening a document created from scratch with the new beta.

Can you upload it here? 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
1 minute ago, abarkalo said:

I don't want to post on this forum.  Let me know if there is another way to send.

If you would like please upload the file to this link which is a folder in our dropbox that is only visible to staff, and post back here with the filename

https://www.dropbox.com/request/JgvfuKlWHpGKrAOa40Pg

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

3 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

If you would like please upload the file to this link which is a folder in our dropbox that is only visible to staff, and post back here with the filename

https://www.dropbox.com/request/JgvfuKlWHpGKrAOa40Pg

ROTK Publisher.  I had a much further developed version that I created with the previous beta and it open and closed fine then.  This time I started to develop the document from scratch in the new beta and I can't open it in the same beta it was created in.

I tried to install version 1.7.0.58 over my 1.7.0.57, and it said setup failed.  Now everything is gone.  Also, I tried to reinstall the first version that had been downloaded from the website and I still get "set up failed" as a message.  Fortunately my AP was not affected! UPDATE:  I rebooted my desktop and tried reinstalling the newer beta and all is well!  Thanks for letting me try the beta!  I already like it better than adobe..... :)

Hi,

Just read the update to my original post, sorry about the delay, been away from my desk. Just up loaded a file to your drop box link you gave Patrick. Hope you can compare the files to find the common problem. Cheers Mark - Awesome Prog. (file name Alz Brochure B.afpub

I have the same issue now.

It loaded tonight but crashed when tried to open recent file I worked on - an Affinity publisher file.

That was a sudden crash, window gone instantly.

On re-start, get no ability to do anything, new, open old files, just information will crash - I did file the report - here's a screenshot.  None of my other applications behave like that.

11Sep18CrashReportScreenshot1.thumb.jpg.6f9b422be93df770ab5df0ca1b717262.jpg

• Staff

@hartopp

Thanks for the Publisher file. It will load fine into the new release of Affinity Publisher beta (which for build server reasons [internal] reasons will be called 1.7.0.128)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.