You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Paste Format

In PP I use the CTRL C and CTRL+SHIFT+V to transfer the format from one piece of text to another, I believe it is also possible to do this with other objects but I tend not to use that a lot if at all.

I find the same procedure in Pub doesn't work for me and I wondered if perhaps I should use another keypress for the copy function to make it work.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Morgelt said:

I too would find this extremely useful. InDesign has the format eyedropper, and that is brilliant that rapidly applying the same style across multiple objects.

Hello @Morgelt,

CTRL+SHIFT+v is there and works the same. Copy some text, mark some other text, hit CTRL+SHIFT+V and the text properties are transferred.

This also works with vector objects, styles and line widths, too :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• 3 months later...
On 2/19/2019 at 4:55 AM, dominik said:

Hello @Morgelt,

CTRL+SHIFT+v is there and works the same. Copy some text, mark some other text, hit CTRL+SHIFT+V and the text properties are transferred.

This also works with vector objects, styles and line widths, too :)

d.

@dominik I downloaded the new beta version today and Ctrl+shift+v isn't working for me, nothing happens when I click it. Is it working for you? Any other suggestion on how to make it work? Thank you. I agree with @Morgelt having the eyedropper function like in ID would be wonderful, such a time saver. 

EDIT: nevermind, I found how to do it, it's Ctrl+Alt+Shift+V :D

Edited by Flavajava
I found the answers.

4 hours ago, Flavajava said:

@dominik I downloaded the new beta version today and Ctrl+shift+v isn't working for me, nothing happens when I click it. Is it working for you? Any other suggestion on how to make it work? Thank you. I agree with @Morgelt having the eyedropper function like in ID would be wonderful, such a time saver. 

EDIT: nevermind, I found how to do it, it's Ctrl+Alt+Shift+V :D

Good to hear you sorted this out. I agree a enhanced eyedropper tool would be a good thing.

Unfortunately the key combination does not work within text selections (but at least with entire text frames).

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• 2 years later...