You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Question on Bleeds

I see the Bleed frame now appearing in the new beta which is terrific!

That said, I am a little confused...if I have a facing pages document, I need to set both Left and right bleed so that outer edges have bleed, but then on page 1 it is showing the bleed frame extension on both left and right sides of the single page.

Now, I don't know if it is because I'm not familiar with large publishing houses, and have only prepared Indesign files myself for printing my books, but with a facing pages document there should be a notion of a binding edge where "Inside" and "Outside" maybe make more sense. Left and Right seems clever, but then produces bleed on BOTH sides of the first page of the book which I would be worried may be misprinted since normally there would only be one side of bleed.

Just wondering if this is a bug or yet to do change needed or is this useful in other situations? I can see a single page doc wanting full bleed on both left and right.

Thoughts?