You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text style capitals possible bug

Using the updated 1.7.0.58 beta I've been exploring the text styles options and trying to get to grips with working with styles, using Arial and Open Sans fonts. In doing so, I have noticed that if you try to edit the Capitals part of the Text Styles, not all options seem to be applied correctly. Caps to small caps is one option, and another is Titling. Neither appear as I would expect, with the text appearing in sentence case.  Some options I'm not certain how they would appear: ie they are changing but whether it is to what you intend I'm not certain. So probably worth checking all the Capitals options.  

I know I am not skilled at using styles (it's on my list of things to get to grips with), but the different options do seem to be behaving consistently; just not all of them are as I would expect.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in replying.  I've just downloaded the latest version (1.7.0) and looked in both Create Character Style and Create Paragraph Style. The capital options seem to be working ok now.

The 3 petite capital options in both still don't seem to be making any changes to the text, nor the Titling option. I'm not sure whether the issues are to do with the fonts I've tried (Arial and Open Sans). Nor am I certain what the titling option is supposed to achieve; I'd assumed it would change the first letter of each word to a capital, but I may be wrong.

So again, it may be user error as I am not particularly skilled in this area.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.