You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta - 1.7.0.58 Crash converting document with artboards

When I try opening an AD file with multiple artboards (same size) and chose the Convert to Spreads option APub crashes... The files open fine when I don't select that (very important) option.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• Staff
44 minutes ago, ronnyb said:

When I try opening an AD file with multiple artboards (same size) and chose the Convert to Spreads option APub crashes... The files open fine when I don't select that (very important) option.

Thank you. Please only report problems installing or running the beta in this thread, and make a new thread for your problem with this new feature :( 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

20 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Thank you. Please only report problems installing or running the beta in this thread, and make a new thread for your problem with this new feature :( 

I did Patrick, and I found the solution as well...

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
Just now, ronnyb said:

I did Patrick, and I found the solution as well...

Can we have your file that contains the artboards that cause crashing. Having a work around is not a solution (or did you find a real solution)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

I have split this to investigate further.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

1 minute ago, Patrick Connor said:

Can we have your file that contains the artboards that cause crashing. Having a work around is not a solution (or did you find a real solution)

Hey Patrick, I posted the issue and workaround in a new post under Mac bugs.

Sure you can have the file, but it's YUGE (808MB). Do you have a dropbox or other online storage I can upload to? 

• Staff

sorry I misunderstood. I will lock this thread and continue in the other 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd