You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Convert Artboards to Spreads crashes*

When I try opening an AD 1.6.1 file with multiple artboards (same size) and chose NOT to make a copy, and then select the Convert to Spreads option, APub crashes... The file opens fine when I don't select the Convert to Spreads option

HOWEVER, if I select the Make a Copy option before the Convert to Spreads option, it works fine.

Perhaps APub should AUTOMATICALLY open a copy when the user selects Convert Artboards to Spreads? It also makes some logical sense, as the file is no longer the same. Thanks for all you do, hope this is helpful!

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• Staff

Thanks ronnyb

Please can you upload the file to this Dropbox folder for us to replicate.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I sure will Patrick. Also, my original file, as you will see, has adjacent artboards to mimic spreads in APub. When the document is imported to APub using this new conversion feature, APub doesn't recognize the "Artboard Spreads" and breaks out each spread into individual pages. It would be great if APUb honored adjacent artboards and converted them to actual spreads, not just pages. Thanks for all you do!

Just now, Patrick Connor said:

Thanks ronnyb

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

4 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Thanks ronnyb

I can't seem to upload to the folder. I clicked on your link, then an empty folder icon from dropbox appears. I try to drag n drop the zipped file from the finder, I get the green circle with + on it, but nothing happens. I can't find an upload option. Maybe you have to give me permission to upload?

Hi ronnyb

I've tried this with a few of my own Designer files and I haven't been able to replicate this crash. :(

19 hours ago, ronnyb said:

I can't seem to upload to the folder. I clicked on your link, then an empty folder icon from dropbox appears.

You should be able to see a Upload Files option on the right hand side of the screen? This should do the trick. If not, please PM me your email address and I can send a request for the file that way. Thanks! 

It only happens when I DON'T create a duplicate file when prompted by APub.

There is no upload option.

4 hours ago, JFisher said:

Hi ronnyb

I've tried this with a few of my own Designer files and I haven't been able to replicate this crash. :(

You should be able to see a Upload Files option on the right hand side of the screen? This should do the trick. If not, please PM me your email address and I can send a request for the file that way. Thanks! 

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 12.02.21 PM.png

• Staff

Sorry this is my mistake I will try again

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hey guys,

I just tried that file with the new beta 1.7.0.128 and it still crashes if I choose the option to Continue instead of Make a Copy, and then select Convert Artboards to Pages...

Let me know if you want me to upload the file again

On 9/10/2018 at 4:10 AM, Chris_K said:

Hi ronnyb

Can you upload the file using this link instead

Thanks

On 9/6/2018 at 12:13 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Thanks ronnyb

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.