You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.58

On 9/7/2018 at 10:51 AM, VectorWhiz said:

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.58 installed well, but crashed upon opening Recent and using regular Open. The message displayed is:

1015961309_APubcrashmessage.png.0197ab647d5744d1bfd8d6b72e80fce2.png

Running Windows 10 Professional on a i7 PC with 16GB RAM. After this message program crashed. Same crash after restart.

Uninstalled it with WISE Uninstaller (Safe Uninstall) and re-installed previous Beta which runs without crashing.

I have the same issue with ...58. I had three versions of a file which I had been modifying whilst I tried to learn a bit about Publisher. I tried to load the latest one and that crashed the programme, so did the second file. However the first file - which doesn't hve much more than text in columns and a master page did load

Any ideas, apart from stepping back to ...57?

Thanks

3 hours ago, AMC68 said:

I have the same issue with ...58. I had three versions of a file which I had been modifying whilst I tried to learn a bit about Publisher. I tried to load the latest one and that crashed the programme, so did the second file. However the first file - which doesn't hve much more than text in columns and a master page did load

Any ideas, apart from stepping back to ...57?

Did you, perhaps, put an image on a Master Page, and then apply that Master to a document page. If so, your only choice as far as I know is to wait for an updated beta. Trying to open such a file would  crash either 1.7.0.57 or .58.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

21 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Did you, perhaps, put an image on a Master Page, and then apply that Master to a document page. If so, your only choice as far as I know is to wait for an updated beta. Trying to open such a file would  crash either 1.7.0.57 or .58.

Hi Walt

Thanks for the suggestion. I was trying to set up a four-page newsletter like the one I currently have in a different DTP programme. I had two master pages. One for the front page with a heading and three columns and the other for the remaining three pages with a small date header and three columns. I didn't use any guides as the number and size photos and clip art vary from one publication to another.

The front page master did have a jpeg file in the title banner and it was applied to a document page. However  .57 handled that without any issues. It only crashed after I upgraded to .58. I haven't yet got round to starting again but I will try using the same image in the title and see what happens.

On 9/13/2018 at 12:34 PM, AMC68 said:

Hi Walt

Thanks for the suggestion. I was trying to set up a four-page newsletter like the one I currently have in a different DTP programme. I had two master pages. One for the front page with a heading and three columns and the other for the remaining three pages with a small date header and three columns. I didn't use any guides as the number and size photos and clip art vary from one publication to another.

The front page master did have a jpeg file in the title banner and it was applied to a document page. However  .57 handled that without any issues. It only crashed after I upgraded to .58. I haven't yet got round to starting again but I will try using the same image in the title and see what happens.

Same thing for me. That unhandled exception due to graphics in Master Pages is a known bug in .58 -- hold off for now and test on the next build

• Staff
On 9/10/2018 at 7:34 PM, Karina Fabian said:

@Patrick Connor Done. I don't need it back. I was just messing around, trying out some things.

Thanks for the file. It does indeed load into the new build of Affinity Publisher, available now.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
4 minutes ago, pixelschubsen said:

hard crash after splash screen WIN 10 pro - latest nvidia driver - 4 k - hd display

Sorry to hear that, I assume you are on the latest build #128 found here, although this is the earlier build #58 thread

please make a new thread in this forum so it gets the proper attention, we do not discuss bugs using the software in the announcement thread.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

This thread is locked, there is a newer beta available from the thread pinned to the top of this forum

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd