You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.58

22 minutes ago, grunnvms said:

I also got the "setup failed" message, and I immediately had a hunch what the problem was, since I'm familiar with the same problem with LibreOffice.

After the de-installation of the old version of Publisher, the directory Program Files\Affinity\Publisher Public Beta is left in a kind of locked state.

You will have to reboot the PC, and then the directory is gone (or perhaps unlocked, didn't check).

Suspected this might be the case, but too busy with other programs at present so it will have to wait.

On 9/7/2018 at 1:17 AM, kirknurse said:

Thanks but not showing up in my installation, I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. I will wait for the next update.

Start the program holding CTRL key down. Reset your user profile when prompted. Worked for me.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

On 9/6/2018 at 7:02 PM, IndigoMoon said:

Thanks for the new Beta, unfortunately the previous version of APub doesn't indicate, that there is a new one available...

My previous version did alert me to this new Beta and provided the download button.

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

Are there plans to improve the ability to drop or move a guide using any tool instead of being forced to switch back to the move tool for guide manipulation? All the Adobe tools have this incredibly convenient feature that I make use of probably dozens of times a day. The Infinity programs make that task more tedious.

And, are there any plans to allow changing the rulers between percent, pixels, inches, etc directly from a right click on the rulers? And again, using any tool, instead of exclusively with the move tool?

EDIT:

Looks like guide creation from any tool will soon be possible. Excellent. Now if we could just change the ruler units quickly.

On 9/7/2018 at 1:43 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Filename: Affinity Publisher Beta - 1.7.0.58.exe
Size: 266 MB (279,026,448 bytes)
Digital Signature: YES (sha  ‎on 05 ‎September ‎2018 21:19:09 ) or  (sha256 ‎on 05 ‎September ‎2018 21:19:11)
MD5: 301494EF0D9B6E33A81B9A4F78274F66

This information could be included in the opening post.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

• Staff
9 minutes ago, mirkoschieder said:

Md5 checks out okay. Yet at about 50% progress, I get this:

sorry about this

If you still have the previous installer (for 1.7.0.57) please can you see if that has the same problem.

If you have the #57 installer can you run it and if it completes then run the #57 installer again for a second time and choose to uninstall #57 (using it's own installer,)

Then try to install the new #58 installer again please.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Same problem with the #57 installer. Interrestingly, uninstalling brings up the same warning (i.e. I'm unable to repair or uninstall).
Shall I try to uninstall using windows?
Is there an uninstall.exe buried in the programm files - folder?

P.S.:
FYI: this time the warning pops up almost immediately.

On 9/7/2018 at 2:08 AM, Rick G said:

I had a total failure updating. I will deal with it tomorrow but it toasted the original installation of Publisher in the process

I also had a failure updating, I got an install failure at the end of the update window.

I have been locked out of even viewing the program directory.

Now unable to use publisher ... back to PagePlus ! 

• Staff
2 hours ago, mirkoschieder said:

Shall I try to uninstall using windows?

Yes please. I hope that works for you. If not I will need to get you to create and upload the installer logs, (the instructions for which I will post here)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

@Karina Fabian

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

If you would like please upload the file to this link and post back with the filename it would be appreciated. 

https://www.dropbox.com/request/JgvfuKlWHpGKrAOa40Pg

Do you need the file back if I can repair it or is this a test file that you do not need back?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

On 9/10/2018 at 5:04 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Yes please. I hope that works for you. If not I will need to get you to create and upload the installer logs, (the instructions for which I will post here)

I uninstalled Publisher via windows. However now the installer is trying not a new installation but an update which it can't do since the app is now missing.
So ... no luck still.