You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.58

• Staff
17 hours ago, mesbahworld said:

Please fix this installation problem on next update for Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo (Both final version & beta version ) 

We will re-release ADe and APh 1.6.5 installers in the next week or so with an installer fix anyone  who has it installed already will not need the new installer but anyone who has not will benefit from the fixes. I will post here when those new installers are released.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Just downloaded the latest update and I am getting an error message this App cannot run

error.jpg

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

• Staff
5 minutes ago, pioneer said:

Just downloaded the latest update and I am getting an error message this App cannot run

Windows can give this generic message when EXE files are corrupted. Please check these are your files details.

Filename: Affinity Publisher Beta - 1.7.0.58.exe
Size: 266 MB (279,026,448 bytes)
Digital Signature: YES (sha  ‎on 05 ‎September ‎2018 21:19:09 ) or  (sha256 ‎on 05 ‎September ‎2018 21:19:11)
MD5: 301494EF0D9B6E33A81B9A4F78274F66

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Ok thanks Patrick, had deleted original download before I saw your message and redownloaded. All Ok now installed and updated.  Panic over. Cheers John.. Update just had a look in the recycle bin and 1st download was 43mb ha ha.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

11 hours ago, Rick G said:

I had a total failure updating. I will deal with it tomorrow but it toasted the original installation of Publisher in the process

1.7.0.58 fixed the issue and it is running fine now

thanks

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

Hello,
thanks for the new beta, download and installation without problems.:)

Cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

2 hours ago, dpapsd said:

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.58 installed well, but crashes trying opening files generated with a previous Beta.

I actually opened 2 brochures that I made in the first beta and it doesn’t crash. It’s weird that it doesn’t work for you.

1 hour ago, MJWHM said:

Fails to install on my Desktop

Affinity Publisher Beta 1-7-0-58 failure.JPG

Is that with the just released 1.7.0.58? I was getting that on 1.7.0.57 It is worth double checking, rebooting and retrying

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

7 hours ago, Mark Browning said:

Bleed area not showing up, it needs adding to the artboard. 

Hi Mark,

Make sure you have 'Clip to Canvas' turned on too. I thought it wasn't working initially but then realised quite un-intuitively you need clip to canvas + show bleed on to see the document with its specified bleed - without clip to canvas you get the old artboard effect and show bleed has no effect.

37 minutes ago, MJWHM said:

I downloaded 58, and it failed, Then when I tried to open 57 it wasn't there, so I tried to reinstall with the same result....

Beginning to wish I hadn't started.

Hopefully one of the developers will chime in but the next step might be uninstalling all of the publisher installs and trying again cleaning out the temp folder etc.

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

Happy to see PDF Export now has bleed fixed too, I'd say this is almost usable.

One small bug/issue - if I place an image and change its size/position or move it within its frame, if I then change the shape/size of the frame then it resets the image placement fill. Maybe the 'image properties' couldbe removed somehow if the image has been manually altered within the frame?

2018-09-07_15-56-38.png

2018-09-07_16-29-04.gif

Edited by mmuller
Grammar!

• Staff
1 hour ago, MJWHM said:

I downloaded 58, and it failed, Then when I tried to open 57 it wasn't there, so I tried to reinstall with the same result....

Beginning to wish I hadn't started.

Please try to reinstall 57 for now and I will get someone to look at install logging 58 with you on Monday, sorry about this.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

To see the bleeds now is very nice, but wouldn´t it be better to add them to the main setup when creating an new file? File --> new.
There you can add margins, but not the bleeds. In my opinion it will be better to add it there. So you can create the new document which all things you need.

Perhaps there are plans to add in the future...

Greetz
Uwe

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

• Staff

@mmuller

Please do not report problems (that are not about the installation or running the software up) in this thread.

All bugs should normally be in their own thread, however your bug has already been reported to the developers (myref:AFB-850)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff
4 minutes ago, Uwe367 said:

Perhaps there are plans to add in the future...

I would be very disappointed if this were not done, it has been requested over 50+ times in this first week.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

10 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Please try to reinstall 57 for now and I will get someone to look at install logging 58 with you on Monday, sorry about this.

No problem. I cannot install either, but I am unable to devote much time to exploring this for a while so there is no great rush, thanks.

1 minute ago, Patrick Connor said:

I would be very disappointed if this were not done, it has been requested over 50+ times in this first week. 

Ah ok. Thanks for you answer Patrick. :)

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

3 hours ago, Joystick said:

Hi! THe clock on my PC was incorrect and when it was updated by internet time server, I got this:

Screenshot.jpg

Just download .058 and install it (it will update the old .057), i had the same message on my windows machine with .057 but now it's fixed and working properly and even faster.
Or remove .057 completely even cleaning registry and install .058 at fresh with Admin rights ... should work.

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

I also got the "setup failed" message, and I immediately had a hunch what the problem was, since I'm familiar with the same problem with LibreOffice.

After the de-installation of the old version of Publisher, the directory Program Files\Affinity\Publisher Public Beta is left in a kind of locked state.

You will have to reboot the PC, and then the directory is gone (or perhaps unlocked, didn't check).