You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export to PDF bug with embedded designer files

On 9/10/2018 at 11:21 AM, Chris_K said:

Hi huubjonkers

Does you placed afdesign files contain artboards at all? Are you able to provide an example file?

Cheers

Yes i used artboards. The publisher file that i used for the pdf export is recently uploaded to Patrick Connor .If needed i have the exported pdf showing the empty image boxes. But this needs to be a privat upload. 

Hi all,

I encountered a simmilar problem, but maybe there is some other reason (with export preset "pdf for print"), because I got the same behaviour when exporting from designer.

I created an architect study with quite a lot of imported pdf (technical drawing etc). Everything shows fine after export except Ortofoto + lend registry - its a aerial view (rather a bad quality bitmap) with some line (in curves) in it - everything wraped together in one pdf. After expoting I see only lines, but I din't see the background bitmap. This hapens only when exporting as pdf for print, when exporting for example as pdf for export with 300dpi - it shows just fine.

I also encountered some odd behaviour after exporting pdf. If everything goes well there is no issue, but when the picture donť show, or when there is some problem during export (for example - wanted to overvrite a file, but there was write protection on it so it could overwrite) then sometimes the publiser kind of "freezes". I can move the objects on the canavas, but I can't clic on on ony toolbar - I see the change when mous is hoovering above it, but nothing happens when I want to click on it. Then I have to quit the publisher - restart computer (because I cant start the publusher again, and it is not runing in background - I checked a task manager) and then it works just fine...

EDIT: Hmmm, maybe I am just too quick. Was testing this behaviour a little bit and it looks like after some time, it started to work... But it is strange that I can't start the program after closing it in this phase. Only restart helps here.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.