You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.58

1 hour ago, serge said:

I just downloaded it and I noticed that it keeps crashing out.

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 19.15.24.png

serge, I thought I should warn you about this: sharing your Mac serial number on the web for everyone else to see can be a bit of a security liability… :|

5 hours ago, Edward said:

You never know they might be on stage next week!

Not very likely, as that will probably be a strictly iPhone-focused event, but it would be cool, yep. Maybe on next year's WWDC, to receive yet another award? ;)

Installation failed for me.

Ran it again immediately and 2nd time succeeded.

Have emailed both logs.

This seems to have become the norm in all Affinity apps since v1.6.5.123 or the beta just before that one. :(

Sometimes it takes 4 or 5 attempts to get the installer to work!

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

16 minutes ago, Aammppaa said:

Installation failed for me.

Ran it again immediately and 2nd time succeeded.

Have emailed both logs.

This seems to have become the norm in all Affinity apps since v1.6.5.123 or the beta just before that one. :(

Sometimes it takes 4 or 5 attempts to get the installer to work!

Think you might want to post this in the Windows section. This is the mac portion and there is no real installer. Just open up a .dmg file and drag and drop the application into the application folder and you are done.

On 9/6/2018 at 10:46 AM, Dazmondo77 said:

YIPPPPPEEEEEEEEE! we got bleed guides MINT! 

Table row and column sizing bug swatted ACE! 

Save table format as default works without bombing TECH-HOT!

Annoying sliders left on screen DESTROYED 

Well done publisher team great work

I'm not seeing the bleed guides .. how do i turn them on?.. where do i go?.. Thanks.

Okay, it took me a while to work this one out too! For anyone who is struggling, you have to set a bleed for the document/page and then check ‘Show Bleed’ in the View Menu. (I think what I found confusing is that it is listed in bug fixes under the heading of ’Document / Page Management‘, where it says ‘now visible in the main view’ as if you don‘t have to turn anything on).

Stuck Character Palette

I’m still getting the character palette stuck when I scroll down to the bottom (where the ‘optical alignment’ settings are). When I scroll to the bottom it’s then impossible to scroll back up again, and this affects new documents too (it‘s only resolved by quitting Publisher and relaunching).

2 minutes ago, jamessouttar said:

Stuck Character Palette

I’m still getting the character palette stuck when I scroll down to the bottom (where the ‘optical alignment’ settings are). When I scroll to the bottom it’s then impossible to scroll back up again, and this affects new documents too (it‘s only resolved by quitting Publisher and relaunching).

Yeah... quirky, I find that if I move the mouse out of the optical alignment panel I can then scroll

I'm not able to open this version of the app.  For the previous beta version, I uninstalled by dragging to the trash bin.  I emptied the trash bin and then downloaded and reinstalled this beta version.  Was able to install OK by dragging to the application folder but when I went to open, the Verifying Affinity Publisher Beta bar gets to roughly 60% and then stalls.  Tried uninstalling by dragging to the trash.  Emptied trash, restarted and re-installed OK.  Try to open app and get the same 'Verifying' box with the same 60% progress bar.  

Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 9.56.29 AM.png

22 hours ago, vonBusing said:

@rhyswoos: If you have set the bleed as required, it may still be difficult to detect the grey line outside your document boundaries, depending on the background color. Put any coloured object that can contrast with the lines to make it more obvious.

APub_bleeds.png

Thanks I worked it out in the end, I assumed bleed would display by default, and didn't notice it needed to be turned on in the view

19 hours ago, j-hill said:

Was able to install OK by dragging to the application folder but when I went to open, the Verifying Affinity Publisher Beta bar gets to roughly 60% and then stalls.

For me, the progress bar remained stalled for quite some time, but eventually started moving again. Try again, waiting a few minutes before giving up, & see if does the same for you.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7