You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all,I really like Affinity Designer but the more features arrive, the more complicated is becomes.. There is a new challenge for me and Affinity Designer for which I would need your help and ideas:
Creating a mermaid digital paper as a seamless repeating pattern.
I got an at least basic version of the attached one  (no glitter, no lightning etc.) but due to the shadows it wasn't seamless on the vertical.

If seamless isn't possible due to the different lightning effects of my sample picture attached, how could I achieve anyway the digital paper mermaid look of my sample?

Important: It definitely has to be scalable vector, no copied images etc..

Thanks a lot in advance. I'm looking so forward to your help and your ideas!
Foxi

mermaid glitter_0013_7.jpg

Quick play around, lots of symbols and groups :Dused an image for the texture.

637026260_ScreenShot2018-09-06at18_06_07.thumb.png.e5db6b996646ff8064e4181c44bd5179.png

mermaid scales vectorised.afdesign

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Hi Firstdefence,

Thank you very much for your quick reply! That's already a great base! Good idea working with symbols and a gradient (due to the gradient we avoid shadow repeating problems)!!
I would have to replace the "yellow skin"-file with vector file looking similar and everything would be vector, right?

Do you have an idea how to achieve this colour-changing-effect in a simple way? 

Best wishes,

Foxi

• 2 months later...