woefi

File Size with linked files as big as with embedded?

I have made a sample document in Publisher containing only 1 page with 1 rectangle. Then I imported a multipage-pdf with 29MB (which shows only page one...) and an afdesign-file of 21MB (also multipage, and only page one shows...)

In the Resource Manager, I changed both imported files to LINKED to save filespace. when I save, my file is 100MB!

So doing the maths:

• 21+29=50MB embedded size plus 100k for the rectangle and fileheader, if you will.
  • 1mb+1mb for filepaths and preview + 100k for rectangle and fileheader = 2,1MB

Why is it 100MB?!? 

• Production-System: iMac (21,5-inch, Late 2013), 16GB RAM, 2TB nvme-SSD, running on 10.14.5 Mojave;
  • Display Setup: 27" Thunderbolt Display primary + 21,5" iMac-Display secondary for palettes;
  • Keyboard-Layout: German apple extended keyboard (aluminum);

Linked files do not as yet appear to be functioning as linked files and will always be embedded thus increasing the file size.

Hopefully this will be corrected in a later beta

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

41 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Linked files do not as yet appear to be functioning as linked files and will always be embedded thus increasing the file size.

Hopefully this will be corrected in a later beta

Same for me. I have two documents with same two pictures just each with different preferences (embeded / linked). File size is still the same.

iOs: iPad Pro 12,9" 1st gen., Apple pencil; Mac: Affinity Photo & Designer and really looking forward to Affinity Publisher

Yep! Me too...

Although if you have more than one instance of an image then that image is linked and doesn't increase the file size.