You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

File Size with linked files as big as with embedded?

I have made a sample document in Publisher containing only 1 page with 1 rectangle. Then I imported a multipage-pdf with 29MB (which shows only page one...) and an afdesign-file of 21MB (also multipage, and only page one shows...)

In the Resource Manager, I changed both imported files to LINKED to save filespace. when I save, my file is 100MB!

So doing the maths:

• 21+29=50MB embedded size plus 100k for the rectangle and fileheader, if you will.
  • 1mb+1mb for filepaths and preview + 100k for rectangle and fileheader = 2,1MB

Why is it 100MB?!? 

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);
  • Keyboard layout: german apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

Linked files do not as yet appear to be functioning as linked files and will always be embedded thus increasing the file size.

Hopefully this will be corrected in a later beta

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

41 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Linked files do not as yet appear to be functioning as linked files and will always be embedded thus increasing the file size.

Hopefully this will be corrected in a later beta

Same for me. I have two documents with same two pictures just each with different preferences (embeded / linked). File size is still the same.

iMac: 3,6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9 / Graphic: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB / System: Sonoma 14.1 (23B74)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.