You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am SOO ready to bin Adobe - I hate their business model, and their ridiculous pricing.

But, I have 10+ years worth of archived indesign files. 

I assume at some point in the future someone will either create a plugin, or you will natively be able to import indd docs?

I would switch in a heartbeat if this was possible, but at the moment, i have to keep indesign purely because i cannot re-create everything on my work archive.

Loving your work.

Andy

On 9/6/2018 at 8:47 AM, TonyB said:

We will be able to import InDesign IDML files but not .indd files. The feature is being written but we don't have a timescale yet.

I'm a current Adobe Creative Cloud user but used QuarkXpress up to version 6 back in the day. It would be great to import .qxd files as well.

• 7 months later...
On 9/6/2018 at 4:47 PM, TonyB said:

We will be able to import InDesign IDML files but not .indd files. The feature is being written but we don't have a timescale yet.

I'm just getting used to the beta version of Publisher and I'm deeply impressed with what I can do in beta. 
Thanks, Serif, bye bye InDesign. Glad to read that there is a way to import InDesign-docs. Will try . . . 
I love all your apps very much - in my opinion they 
are a better choice for designers and all the tutorials are fantastic.

Thanks a lot!!
Edited by SuseH

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @SuseH. :)

16 minutes ago, SuseH said:

Glad to read that there is a way to import InDesign-docs.

Just to be clear, it hasn’t actually been implemented yet.

On 9/6/2018 at 3:47 PM, TonyB said:

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4 (iPad 7th gen)

Ah, ok. That's why it didn't work as I tried some minutes before ;) So I will be patient and looking forward getting this feature in the future. As always you will find a way – I'm sure! It would be much easier to work with because I did all my designs in InDesign yet. So former work woudn't be lost!

• Staff

@SuseH

Welcome to the Serif affinity forums :) 

Alfred has put you on the right tracks I think. Glad you are enjoying the software

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 months later...