You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adjustments - easy question.

Hi

I am a newbie user of AP. I did a lot in Adobe but after 1 week of testing AP demo I change my mind.

I already checked and know many options in Affinity but one is too complicated for me. Should be so easy but....

I open some jpg, duplicate and I want to add some adjustment. On the right side of screen I have section with adjusments, layers, effects....

So I am going to adjustments on my duplicated layer and clicking any of adjustment there but it doesn't response ? If I click small icon at the bottom it works, but this tab cannot give me access. What for  it is or what am I doing wrong ?  Maybe is some kind of bug ?

To be clear - I can go to this tab but if I click on some sub option doesnt.:(

Thx

123.png

• Staff

Hoi Enc3ladus,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
You must have a pixel or image layer type (look at the label between parenthesis after the layer's name in the Layers Panel) selected in the Layers panel. If the layer you have selected is an adjustment, mask or filter, the Adjustments tab doesn't have pixel data to generate a preview and all thumbnails will appear empty.

Hi, just checked my issue and have no idea what happend yesterday after fresh installation of AP. I spent over 2 hours in AP discovering it. I watched  some tutorials on Youtube at the same time and I was confused because my "adjustments tab" didnt work. More...when I tried to do some tone mapping (persona) I hadn't any presets as well. I turn off my PC yesterday and just now turn ON and guess what ..... everything works fine. Can you tell me if I installing AP everything is ready just form very begining or it making some downloads in backgrounds while my work ? 

BTW: I still cant belive how great software it is. Great job Affinity.