You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

high precision tablet input

What does "high precision tablet input" do? When I have it enabled, and want to simply transform any object or stroke with my tablet, it lags incredibly, to a point where I have to wait a couple of seconds for the program to be done, while it's instantenous with my mouse. When drawing quickly, it looks like the polling rate of the pen position and pressure is higher in the precision mode, ans the lines are much less "blocky" and curves are smoother (before I let go of the pen, and they're smoothed more by the software). Is that right?

I'd love to have more control over the pressure changes in my strokes, as it's clearly less accurate (compared to illustrator cs5 for example), and the curve smoothness, but as it is now, it doesn't quite work, also because of the aggressive smoothing/averaging applied by the program after the stroke is finished.

Could you guys shed some light on that feature and where you wat it to go? Thanks!

I'm using intuos 3 and cintiq 27 btw.

• Staff

Hi Angstyboy,

While I'm not sure exactly what this setting does (hopefully a dev will drop by with more info) I can say that there is currently a known bug with it that causes tablets to lag so for now we advise that you don't use this setting.

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.