You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Canon EOS 6D mk II RAW files

I'm still waiting AP to do something about RAW file handling. Tired to use DPP4 to convert files to .tiff and they are 5 times bigger files, than raw from camera. I'd like to know some date when AP can handle those files. This camera has been out over a year now. Hurry up guys.

1 hour ago, Pipit said:

I don't want to convert the files to any other. I only want to open them up straight out of camera.

I understand that, I'm just pointing out that there may be better ways of managing the current situation than using DPP4.  

<edit>

On a whim, I've just tried downloading a few 6D MkII RAW files from DPReview - AP handles them without any problems!

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

3 hours ago, IanSG said:

I understand that, I'm just pointing out that there may be better ways of managing the current situation than using DPP4.  

<edit>

On a whim, I've just tried downloading a few 6D MkII RAW files from DPReview - AP handles them without any problems!

This is what I get when I open raw image. The DPP4 is what it should look like. I've uninstalled and reinstalled AP Latest version. Camera is up to date also.

uus näyttö.jpg

1 hour ago, Pipit said:

Photoshop does. Did right from the start. Later I moved to AP and this is what it still is after a year.

It tries, but it fails miserably. I'm an ex-Canon user, I've used Lightroom/ACR (the same engine), Capture One and tried several other free/open raw processors. I always hated DPP, mainly for it's less then average shadow/highlights recovery capabilities. But I can tell you this: there is no other software that can handle Canon colors better.

9 hours ago, Pipit said:

This is what I get when I open raw image.

The RAW and JPEG files I downloaded show the same difference - sorry, I should have spotted that!  Using the DNG output from the Adobe converter is no better.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

• 1 month later...

I have just bought a Canon 6D Mark 2 and found that when I opened my RAW file in AP the colours not as the original file on my iMac using Mojave.  I am not sure if that is the same problem here. I, however, contacted Affinity and was given the following instruction which works for me:

With the RAW image opened in Develop Persona go to menu View ▸ Assistant Manager... and change the first dropdown (RAW Engine) to Apple (Core Image Raw). Reload the image for the new setting to take effect. The RAW file should now load correctly

The first picture is what I saw before the change and the second after.  Hope this may answer your problem.  I haven't yet got the second picture exactly how I want it but this was a test picture to make sure it worked.

IMG_0006.2.jpg.3f46c6ea95f563d31935695be081a8a8.jpg

IMG_0006.3.jpg.dbd32216a0fd4d2c8a43484232d5b86a.jpg