You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Continuous Flow Text Frame Not Continuing

Hey guys

I've watched the tutorial on the webpage, and have tried to do the same thing on my side, and every time I try to click and drag on the little triangle, it drags the box instead of just the triangle.

I've tried it on the project I'm working on (I am aware that APUB is still in its BETA stage), and I've tried it in the example attached below.

9 hours ago, Aammppaa said:

I wish it could be dragged, in addition to the click method, as I find that much more intuitive.

No, that won’t work, given the current implementation. For if you click the triangle, you will see that the cursor turns into the cursor associated with the Text Frame tool. And that means you can drag out a text frame which is immediately linked to the original one. That wouldn’t work with your suggestion. :)

10 hours ago, A_B_C said:

just click it,

Oh... haha thanks so much :6_smile:

9 hours ago, Aammppaa said:

I wish it could be dragged, in addition to the click method, as I find that much more intuitive.

Kind of has to agree, especially from watching the tutorial it looks like it can be clicked and dragged... But I guess thats just personal preference.

Thanks A_B_C, I probably wouldn't have gotten it on my own :4_joy:

But now that leads me to my next question:

I already have a file in Word, and I'm planning to just copy and paste it into APUB. It would be really useful to just copy and paste it into one block on page 2, then have the rest automatically flow into the next text frames and pages to come, right up to the end of the document. Is there any way to do this?

I've tried to do it on a master page and link two text frames on the two different pages (so that in the normal pages the two text frames would be linked), but it doesn't copy those linked text frames onto the pages (which does make sense).

Thanks guys

2 hours ago, A_B_C said:

you can drag out a text frame which is immediately linked to the original one

That is something I hadn't discovered yet, which could be useful. Thanks.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

4 hours ago, Parker S. Huntington said:

How do you get the alignment feature when you create your text box to perfectly fill the margins?

First you drag your margins into place on the screen (usually in master pages), then you click on the little magnet at the top right of the page, which will turn on "snapping." Then when you drag a text box over a margin on a normal page, it will automatically snap into place... (I hope that is the answer to what you were asking :))

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.