JamesD

Option to import pages from PDF

Hi,

First I FINALLY got the Affinity Publisher beta installed (had to turn off NET 3.5 to do so) but all is good.

Publisher_2018-09-04_08-36-32.thumb.png.d2870d7741b2caf51336da0dc014faa6.png

Second, I was working on a project when I tried to place a PDF into the project canvas, it was placed as a whole image instead of choosing pages. 

2018-09-04_09-01-27.thumb.gif.d12fd6c1539aac2089be22260839e799.gif

Adding the option to choose which pages from a PDF alongside what images would be a great feature for Affinity Publisher. This would allow for more flexibility when placing PDFs into a Publisher project.  

wait, what? Yes this is needed.

Especially if I'm able to nest Publisher docs inside publisher docs, as they are usually multipage.

• Production-System: iMac (21,5-inch, Late 2013), 16GB RAM, 2TB nvme-SSD, running on 10.14.5 Mojave;
  • Display Setup: 27" Thunderbolt Display primary + 21,5" iMac-Display secondary for palettes;
  • Keyboard-Layout: German apple extended keyboard (aluminum);

When you place a PDF then you can choose the page shown on the context toolbar at the top. If you want multiple pages then you should load(File Open) the PDF into Publisher and choose the pages you want. We don't currently have a insert PDF/Affinity document that will merge multiple pages yet but we might add it later.

The way current version of PagePlus imports PDF files as images would be really useful option for Affinity Publisher, control over image resolution, ability to skip pages etc, would be most useful. It's a great feature in PagePlus.

Bit cumbersome on a 600 page PDF

Would prefer to have the option to see a preview of the page to place too. 

Just a little improvement required.

1. Preview Page
  2. Choose Trim/Art/Bleed etc. settings 

Overall - it works great!

1040387405_ScreenShot2018-09-07at09_54_20.thumb.png.6b63c53f82d00f23558aeb2f37854a8d.png

Hello,

In the Affinity Publisher bèta you can now import a PDF with multiple pages, and preview all pages.

Select "open" then Load pages. When you insert a page number and click in the next field, the preview displays that particular page.

It would be nice if the preview shows the chosen page right after you insert the page number ...

Keep up your very good work!

Hi,

It's quite old thread, but is there any news on importing multi-page PDF into Publisher? At the moment I need to extract pages as separate files in Acrobat and then import them into Publisher same way as multiple images.
We use it quite often at work (i.e. to add crop marks to artwork).

W10, i5 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 840A, Wacom Intuos Pro M, iPad Pro 2018. 
 W10, Xeon 3.20GHz, 32GB RAM, nVidia Quadro 600, Wacom Intuos Pro M
pilcrow.eu | vivaldi.com | qwant.com

+1 is there any news? Any timescale when this might be implemented in the future (within weeks, month or years?)

We need this feature so badly here. So far it's extremely unpractical that you can't import a PDF with multiple pages automatically! We usually have tons of pdf files (with sometimes 100+ pages) to import.

The best would be to just set the first page in the right position and with the right scale and then Publisher should create as much pages as the pdf-file has and fill the document with these pages, the same way like you set up the first page.

Almost everything else works so nice, that I would love to switch to Publisher. But without this feature it's practically impossible!

Hi MEB,

thank you for your answer. But as you guessed I need to Import the PDF inside an existing document. In case it would be possible to merge pages from different Publisher files, this might be a workaround. But as far as I know this isn't possible as well.