Hi,

First I FINALLY got the Affinity Publisher beta installed (had to turn off NET 3.5 to do so) but all is good.

Publisher_2018-09-04_08-36-32.thumb.png.d2870d7741b2caf51336da0dc014faa6.png

Second, I was working on a project when I tried to place a PDF into the project canvas, it was placed as a whole image instead of choosing pages. 

2018-09-04_09-01-27.thumb.gif.d12fd6c1539aac2089be22260839e799.gif

Adding the option to choose which pages from a PDF alongside what images would be a great feature for Affinity Publisher. This would allow for more flexibility when placing PDFs into a Publisher project.  

wait, what? Yes this is needed.

Especially if I'm able to nest Publisher docs inside publisher docs, as they are usually multipage.

• Production-System: iMac (21,5-inch, Late 2013), 16GB RAM, 2TB nvme-SSD, running on 10.14.4 Mojave;
  • Display Setup: 27" Thunderbolt Display primary + 21,5" iMac-Display secondary for palettes;
  • Keyboard-Layout: German apple extended keyboard (aluminum);

When you place a PDF then you can choose the page shown on the context toolbar at the top. If you want multiple pages then you should load(File Open) the PDF into Publisher and choose the pages you want. We don't currently have a insert PDF/Affinity document that will merge multiple pages yet but we might add it later.

The way current version of PagePlus imports PDF files as images would be really useful option for Affinity Publisher, control over image resolution, ability to skip pages etc, would be most useful. It's a great feature in PagePlus.

Bit cumbersome on a 600 page PDF

Would prefer to have the option to see a preview of the page to place too. 

Just a little improvement required.

1. Preview Page
  2. Choose Trim/Art/Bleed etc. settings 

Overall - it works great!

1040387405_ScreenShot2018-09-07at09_54_20.thumb.png.6b63c53f82d00f23558aeb2f37854a8d.png

Hello,

In the Affinity Publisher bèta you can now import a PDF with multiple pages, and preview all pages.

Select "open" then Load pages. When you insert a page number and click in the next field, the preview displays that particular page.

It would be nice if the preview shows the chosen page right after you insert the page number ...

Keep up your very good work!