JYCREATIVE

[Fixed] Zooming goes from 1-1000000000000 bug

Not sure if reported already, but I have been finding that the zooming goes buggy from "1 to I-CAN-SEE-THE-ATOMS-THAT-MADE-UP-THE-LIFE-OF-A-PIXEL" with only a few clicks, too often.

The zoom OUT has been buggy as well as it often needs me to click on 'minus' icon from the navigator to actually respond to zooming out.

I have checked with my tracker pad and mouse settings and they are tuned to not be as sensitive to double clicks so I think this is a bug within Affinity.

Best,

J

jycreative.dunked.com

15.4-inch 2014 MacBook Pro 2.8GHz Quad-core Intel i7 with Retina Display

PS: anyone also notice the zooming for beta is a bit weird as well? It pops from 100% to 86% couple times then 150% 200% and so on, and repeats. Happens on both hotkeys and zoom tool.

Is it just me with the zoom curse on both apps?

jycreative.dunked.com

I am experiencing the same issue, it happens way too often.

Sometimes this makes Affinity Designer crash.

MacOsX 10.10.2

Mac Pro 3.5Ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

Graphics. AMD FirePro D500 3072mb

www.luisrodriguez.ws

After updating to Affinity Designer 1.2 I too have zoom problems. Zooming in often jumps back to 100% and you have to zoom in again and again until it zooms to the level you want.

Is anybody able to get a quick video recording of this going wrong? We've got so many different Macs from 2008 MacBook Pro right up to 12-core new Mac Pro and 5k iMacs and we're not seeing this, so can't fix it if we can't see what's happening? :(

Hi,

Not sure if this helps, 

http://vimeo.com/124323029

You can see in the zoom % the issue, 

Again, I am using

MacOsX 10.10.2

Mac Pro 3.5Ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

Graphics. AMD FirePro D500 3072mb

And this issue happens randomly when zooming

or changing to zoom from any other tool

www.luisrodriguez.ws

Not sure, if this is related, Matt, but apart from the issue discussed, I discovered weird jumps while zooming in Affinity Photo … in my video you will see that zooming in from 50% gets me to 21.8% … I can reproduce this quite regularly, strange …  :unsure:

Thanks offwings, I can see what's happening here from your video.

Before the zoom you are panning the image then going to the zoom tool. As you switch from the pan to the zoom tool you are drawing a very tiny marquee which is telling the app to zoom in on that specific point. The zoom factor increases as the size of the marquee decreases causing the massive jump in zoom. 

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Chris I'm getting several bugs/inconsistent behavior in the latest AP beta when:

1. Holding down Command + Space Bar to bring up the temporary Zoom tool (previously had the Pain Brush tool selected), then clicking to zoom in, AP does not register the clicks regularly. One out of every 3-5 clicks registers for me, the rest are ignored...

2. Additionally, holding down Option after holding down Command + Space Bar does not let me zoom out. Instead, it seems to activate the Color Sampling function because my foreground color changes to the color wherever I happen to click under.

3. Holding down Command + Spacebar + Option and then Click + Dragging, AP samples the color under cursor, brings up the pop-up color sampling loupe, zooms in, and leaves the pop-up loupe locked on the screen. Then the cursor disappears. The only way to get the cursor back is to Option + Click + Drag again to move the loupe and release the cursor.

I think I reported these bugs a while back as well.... Critters must've crawled back in :)

Before the zoom you are panning the image then going to the zoom tool. As you switch from the pan to the zoom tool you are drawing a very tiny marquee which is telling the app to zoom in on that specific point. The zoom factor increases as the size of the marquee decreases causing the massive jump in zoom. 

2017 15" MacBook Pro 14,3 w/ Intel 4 Core i7 @ 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD 455 @ 2 GB, 512 GB SSD, macOS High Sierra

2018 11" iPad Pro 256 GB, latest iPadOS public beta

Chris,

I am able to reproduce the zooming in bug and CRASH quite often.

I think there's a possibility that, since I use hotkeys jumping tool to tool and when I zoom I like to hold Spacebar then Cmd and start clicking in to zoom, sometimes I tap Alt in addition to zoom out quickly. This usually is when AD zooms to affinity followed by a spinning volleyball of death. There might be a split second where the variation of combinations of the said hotkeys AND clicks trigger an implosion through time and space equilibrium and opens a vortex of of doom...something like that.

jycreative.dunked.com

LMAO... 

Chris,

I am able to reproduce the zooming in bug and CRASH quite often.

I think there's a possibility that, since I use hotkeys jumping tool to tool and when I zoom I like to hold Spacebar then Cmd and start clicking in to zoom, sometimes I tap Alt in addition to zoom out quickly. This usually is when AD zooms to affinity followed by a spinning volleyball of death. There might be a split second where the variation of combinations of the said hotkeys AND clicks trigger an implosion through time and space equilibrium and opens a vortex of of doom...something like that.

2017 15" MacBook Pro 14,3 w/ Intel 4 Core i7 @ 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD 455 @ 2 GB, 512 GB SSD, macOS High Sierra

2018 11" iPad Pro 256 GB, latest iPadOS public beta

mm, that could be the issue

but what about ABC´s problem?

I am experiencing it as well; when I zoom in sometimes it zooms out

www.luisrodriguez.ws

Hi offwings,

the strange thing is, I cannot reproduce this in Affinity Designer, but only in Affinity Photo … interesting, that you get the same issue in Designer as well.  :unsure:

And you are right, the explanation does not account for "our" issue …

Cheers, Alex

I have added a screenshot of the zoom bug and crash. For me, AD zooms to the limit and leaves a dot on the bottom and right side of the canvas (very weird indeed). This is also where the spinning volleyball of death appears.

post-7722-0-85385400-1428728968_thumb.jpg

jycreative.dunked.com

mm, that could be the issue

but what about ABC´s problem?

I am experiencing it as well; when I zoom in sometimes it zooms out

I'm going to throw out some wild hypotheticals now for what it could be (or at least how I'm managing to get it)

I'm guessing you already have the pan tool selected (Default first tool in Photo), then press space and cmd to zoom

Double clicking seems to zoom to fit. However it looks like Affinity is having trouble recognising time between double and single clicks, so occasionally it will zoom to fit instead of zoom in. Best guess is that it could be to do with being in the pan tool, then pressing space doubling up the pan tool which confuses the app slightly. <- one of the Devs will probably correct me on this

The move tool is the default one in Designer which is why some of you may not be experiencing it in that app, but if you switch to the pan tool you will. Possibly effects other tools but I haven't gone through them all.

Not sure if the double click to zoom to fit is intentional, but it happening even at a reasonable pace of click is not so I'll get it in.

I haven't managed to get the crash yet so I can't comment on that one

And now I'm rambling...

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Chris,

you are right … when I have the Pan Tool selected in Affinity Designer and click too fast while holding down Cmd and Space, I find myself zooming out instead of zooming in … good sleuthing …  :)

And I can get the issue the other way around as well: Select the Pan Tool, hold Alt and Space and "double click" … you will frequently find yourself zooming in instead of zooming out …

Cheers,

Alex