You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Raw causing crash

I realised my earlier post caused a misunderstanding. I was not really saying that Apple was at fault or iPad the limitation. I have a Sony dscrx100 M6 shooting in raw. These files are fully readable and useable on my iPad 2018. But, when import any of them into Affinity Photo they seem to open, showing the file details at the top, but no image. When I then try to press develop the program crashes back to desktop. So I assume it’s a program error. Help!

• Staff

Hi MikeRNevin,

The RAW files have an embedded JPEG in them, and this is what your iPad uses to display the image etc, however it's not using the RAW file itself. This is why the image appears to be compatible on your iPad.

As can be seen from this link, the following Sony DSC-RX RAW files are compatible with iOS 11 - 

image.png

As can be seen from this, RAW support unfortunately stops at M5, and does not currently include the M6. Until your camera is supported by Apple, Affinity can't correctly handle the RAW files, my apologies.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!