You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I created a paragraph style to be the header row for a table called "Table Header Brown". Then duplicated the default table style and began to edit it.  Several observations:

1.  If you choose the vertically center button, it is not sticky between calling up instances of the table designer

2. If you add a column to the default layout (shown on the left), there is a + button to add columns or rows, but no - button to delete the col or row

3. When I create a cell type for the header row and apply it to the default layout, the header repeats again after the number of "default" style rows when applied to a table.  The default cell format is still based on the Table Body format, and my header rows are based on my customer header cell as shown in the attached figure.  I did figure out that if you drag the down arrow on the left side to the next row, it will only apply the cell formatting to the top row.  Sorry if this is intended behavior, I'm just trying to figure this out.

thanks

David Sampson

image.jpeg.ab086118400d834daa8483eeacbc395a.jpeg

image.png

You need to move the triangle on the bottom right up by clicking on it.

This tells the Designer how many rows are affected.
You will need to play with them a little to understand how they work.

Also you can delete a row or a column by clicking on the minus buttons on the top left of the window.

My personal experience with them is that you are much better of creating a table in Publisher, then apply styles to a Header, Footer and the middle part.
Do whatever you like. And then simply save all this as a Table Style.
And you are done.

Then you might want to explore what the Publisher thinks of all your formatting by going to Edit Table Style.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

Thanks for the info.  I will play with your suggestions.  I'm in the "thinking mode" of InDesign and as you know, things can get somewhat complex when it comes to formatting tables and creating style templates.  It seems in InDesign you have to start at the atomic level and build everything up from there. That's what I was doing in creating a character style, then a paragraph style, etc.

So Publisher's approach to things, that I've seen so far, is really great. This is a really good program and I'm always looking for easier ways to do things.

Again, thanks for the advice.

David Sampson

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.