You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Equation Filter Video

Hello all. I have decided to start putting up some tutorials on my YouTube channel. As I absolutely love Affinity Photo, I though I would start with that.

So I have created a little video explaining how to create a water ripple effect using the equation filter.

https://youtu.be/wIi6_60KF90

If you like it then please give it a thumbs up as I need all the help I can get :)

Cheers. Scott.

A nice set of effects. A few comments though.

I would guess that your equations involve sine functions applied to the x-values. I cannot tell because I cannot read the text on the screen. It would help if you were to provide a caption in a larger typesize.

It is a good idea to have your equation in a text file as you do. You copy and paste the text to the filter dialogue. It is easy to modify your text file then re-copy.

Ripples also have a vertical effect which you can implement by applying a sine function to the y-axis. You need to be more restrained here though.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

11 hours ago, John Rostron said:

A nice set of effects. A few comments though.

I would guess that your equations involve sine functions applied to the x-values. I cannot tell because I cannot read the text on the screen. It would help if you were to provide a caption in a larger typesize.

It is a good idea to have your equation in a text file as you do. You copy and paste the text to the filter dialogue. It is easy to modify your text file then re-copy.

Ripples also have a vertical effect which you can implement by applying a sine function to the y-axis. You need to be more restrained here though.

John

Cheers for the input John.

I may create an improved mark ii version at some point and will definitely add the y-sin :)