vdukephotog

In painting when zoomed in using Wacom tablet leaves red lines on screen

On my Late 2015 5k iMac I'm seeing these lines after I release my pen from my Wacom tablet. I notice it when I'm zoomed in using tools such as healing brush, inpainting, blemish removal tool. The lines are not on the actual image and they do go away, however when editing it is very distracting. 

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Screenshot 2018-09-05 21.36.00.png

could be a partial ghost glitch of the crosshair... ? ( that is not cleaning/refreshing fully the view) Maybe driver related ?

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.

8 hours ago, SrPx said:

could be a partial ghost glitch of the crosshair... ? ( that is not cleaning/refreshing fully the view) Maybe driver related ?

I think it's a redraw issue but we need to find out which brush @vdukephotog is using as I think that might be the key to reproducing it. 

Thank you everyone for your responses!

Nice to see we have an active community :)

I have attached 2 screenshots to show my brush settings. No in fairness please keep in mind this is happening with large tiff files coming in from Capture One Pro 11 in ProPhoto RGB format, and when i'm zoomed probably 400+% into the photo.

I haven't been noticing it in the last couple photo retouches I have done seems to be an intermittent issue. Perhaps a memory leak of some kind? Not 100% sure what may be causing it. But I another issue I had with the in-painting tool happened last night during a retouch where it turned the selected area into a bright yellow/orange translucent highlight. I should have taken a screenshot. Restarting affinity took care of this.

So it looks like performance issues that remedy themselves upon an application relaunch. Wish I could provide more data on this but i'll also attach my system specs.

Screenshot 2018-09-12 15.51.54.png

Screenshot 2018-09-12 15.52.04.png

Screenshot 2018-09-12 15.57.08.png

22 hours ago, Chris B said:

I'm struggling to reproduce it. Do you think they are the lines from the brushes cross-hair? Is Always show brush crosshair enabled in Preferences > User Interface?

It is disabled in preferences.