You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Insert column break sometimes skips a column

I'm having trouble with column breaks in a multipage document. first off the standard mac shortcut 'numpad enter' doesn't seem to work (I've now changed to cmd numpad enter) now it works here and there but theres the odd column where I want to flush some text at the bottom of a column into the next column and it skips the column - I've tried this with and without text flow options enabled and it doesn't seem to make a difference 

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

It certainly does. Thank you for pointing out what was wrong. My error, to be sure. (Sorry...)

Would you be kind enough to explain why this happens? I hope I'm not being too daft, but I would think it would work this way even if "Keep with next" were set to a number greater than zero.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.