You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Opacity change for picture frames

When you place an image directly on the canvas, the slider for opacity works as it should.

However, when placing an image inside a picture frame, the slider has no effect. When you open the downward triangle to reveal the picture placed within the frame, opacity change is not available.

Either this is a bug or it makes the excellent picture frame tool a lot less useful.

Are you using the opacity slider of the „Fill“ tool in Publisher’s upper control strip? This controls the opacity of the „Fill“ – and it does. Move the image content a little bit out of the way and you will see, that opacity is applied to the background, i.e. to the „Fill“.

If you want opacity applied to the image and the frame, use the „Opacity“ slider of the „Layers“ panel, or the „FX“ panel.

Hi @MEBand @mac_heibu  ,

Thanks so much. I did indeed get confused with the two opacity features, one right on top of the other.

SOLVED, thank you.

In the process I did find another bug: after adjusting the opacity of the picture frame, when I then select other objects / layers, the slider 'gets stuck' and I can't get rid of it anymore, even when I click on the little downward triangle and with no object selected (see attached jpg). Only restarting Publisher clears it.

screenshot_01.jpg.e7b2846bffc7b78e2a6393d218030bfe.jpg

1 hour ago, cwlindner said:

Hi @MEBand @mac_heibu  ,

Thanks so much. I did indeed get confused with the two opacity features, one right on top of the other.

SOLVED, thank you.

In the process I did find another bug: after adjusting the opacity of the picture frame, when I then select other objects / layers, the slider 'gets stuck' and I can't get rid of it anymore, even when I click on the little downward triangle and with no object selected (see attached jpg). Only restarting Publisher clears it.

screenshot_01.jpg.e7b2846bffc7b78e2a6393d218030bfe.jpg

Hey! Same here.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.