You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Table column and row, widths and heights

Affinity Team,

Just like to point out that there does not appear to be an option when using tables to set the column width or the row height.

I notice that when you are resizing a column or a row, its width or height is displayed but this is only available for individual elements of the table.  If you want to make a selection of columns all the same width (different from what was placed on the page), then you are snookered, and have to do it manually.  Not a great idea if you have a large number of columns.  Again, if you have a large number of rows and want to resize the height, you have to do each one individually.

How about adding the option to size all selected elements (rows or columns) as was available in PagePlus.

Also whilst on the subject of tables, vertical text alignment, does not work properly when font size and or table size are altered from when originally placed, especially if creating a small table and having to reduce the font to say, 8 pt, vertical alignment goes right out of the window and does not do what is requested.

Attached is clip taken from a std A4 page with a small table, the font was reduced to 8 pt to fit in A1 cell, now vertical alignment does not work.

Hope this all makes sense.

Small Table.JPG

Hi 

First like to say - I am so excited that AP is here now. I can't wait to dump my old QX 2015 and update my system software.

But back to this topic. I think there may still be a bug with tables. If I start a new project. I can flow text in from Excel (copy and paste) and set-up a table fine using Cell exact.

BUT, soon as I try to set up another (new or using existing one I just created), I lose all control of Cell measurement. It just won't adjust to what I want anymore. 

I've done this do many times now. Is it me? Or a bug?

Thanks.

All the very best
Andy

Is it proportional or something? I set the Cell widths to what I required, even though it didn't go 10mm 10mm 26mm 26mm... so on. Then I snapped overall table to width of the one above and now these sizes are correct to what I want now. Is there something I should switch on or off for this (overall size)?

Thanks again
Andy

20 minutes ago, abfdesign said:

I can't wait to dump my old QX 2015 and update my system software.

Andy, sorry for derailing, but QX 2018 is one possible purchase option for me if Publisher turns out not to be enough for my projects. Why are you so eager to dump QX 2015? I'd like to take your opinion into account when I decide. :)

Hi Christoph

I possibly shouldn't have said that about QX. I've been using that most of my career and it has been good enough. But since working for myself, I've found it hard to keep up with annual update costs and I'm absolutely loving Affinity Designer and Affinity Publisher. So I can't wait to have the complete set. I love the design flexibility that I seem be getting more with these. 

If you can afford it, there is nothing wrong at all with QX. Having said this, I have no idea how much Affinity Publisher is going to be yet.

But back to the tables, this was one thing I needed in some of my continuing works, so was one of many of the first things I tried. I couldn't believe how easy it was the first time, but some issues, which I think I have almost got around for now.

Regards
Andy

25 minutes ago, ConnectCreative said:

A little off-topic, but is the minimum cell height set at 4mm? I can't go below that?

I have a table where every other row is very thin to act as a spacer - unless there's a simpler way to achieve the below?

Screenshot 2018-09-05 at 13.10.07.png

Hi

This can depend on how much inset you have set, but otherwise, in Table panel, you can set Cell depth and width. 

Andy

34 minutes ago, ConnectCreative said:

A little off-topic, but is the minimum cell height set at 4mm? I can't go below that?

I have a table where every other row is very thin to act as a spacer - unless there's a simpler way to achieve the below?

Screenshot 2018-09-05 at 13.10.07.png

See attached with no inset, but baseline shift.

TABLE TEST 2.jpg