You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color of text in shape

When I create a shape, like with the Donut tool and next add text to that shape:

• I no longer can change the color of the shape (at least it's not clear to me how)
  • the text has a background color (white) that I can't remove (at least it's not clear how)
  • The transparent inside of the donut is is filled with the donut's background color (no longer transparent)

Same happens with the other shapes (except what I say in the 3rd bullit, this only happens with the donut shape)

42 minutes ago, FMS said:
  • I no longer can change the color of the shape (at least it's not clear to me how)
  • the text has a background color (white) that I can't remove (at least it's not clear how)

With the text frame selected, you control its stroke and fill from  the Text Frame panel (View > Studio > Text Frame). For me this works even with a donut, once you've converted it to a Text Frame (Layer > Convert to Text Frame).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi FMS

I't not super clear how you added text to the shape if you converted it to a text frame either manually or by clicking on the shape with a text tool the you will need a combination of the t~ext Frame panel and the Character Panel to edit these attributes

cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Chris,

I downloaded the latest beta version 1.7.0.58 and can no longer reproduce my issues. I guess the first 2 bullits was about not knowing how to, the third issue (filling inside of donut) seems to have been fixed in the new release.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.