You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

File size

Hi, I have been replicating some of my InDesign jobs to see how they work in Publisher. Impressive for a beta. One thing I have noticed is that (even with all graphics switched to linked [which really should be either the default or there should be a Preference for this] all the files are around 3 times the size of the InDesign ones. I wonder why this is the case?

Even when linked, the images Placed in Publisher are (by experiment) still embedded. I don't know if the linking function is only partly implemented in this beta, or if Serif have a different idea of how linked graphics should operate. At this point about all that linking seems to do is allow Publisher to tell you when the image is updated elsewhere, so you can use the Resource Manager to update your copy.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Yes, lighter files would be better. I often work on text at different locations/computers, and only take/send the file (lighter), not the linked pictures.
Once the file is opened again in the original folder with the linked files, I can create PDF, finish, etc.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.