You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Develop Persona (Raw Image Quality)

Hello, 

I just start few month use affinity photo , edit from raw file from sony a 6000,  and have problem with raw picture quality

This is original raw file

This is original raw file

===========================================================================================

this picture is minus 2  exposure before develop

this picture is minus 2  exposure before develop

===========================================================================================

this picture  is minus 2  exposure after develop

this picture  is minus 2  exposure after click develop , and on layer photo,  going to Develop Persona again.

why image quality diffrent ? 

Thank you....

Hanif

2062700418_ScreenShot2018-09-06at16_28_29.png.8f9795a263731fd8d4922149d8e26815.png

No. Your file type after development is shown as sRGB IEC61966-2.1

Where you intending to develop your RAW file into this sRGB one?

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

10 hours ago, Sharkey said:

2062700418_ScreenShot2018-09-06at16_28_29.png.8f9795a263731fd8d4922149d8e26815.png

No. Your file type after development is shown as sRGB IEC61966-2.1

Where you intending to develop your RAW file into this sRGB one?

no, I want to make several layers with different light, to do that, I want to access the raw original file again by accessing "develop persona" but the image accessed has changed to sRGB instead of the original RAW file.

are posible to acces original file raw after development to use in diffrent layer?

(i'm use google translate)

I am 'not sure' about using a 'Macro' to convert/develop your RAW file a number of times to give you what you want. If not the you will have to develop from scratch for each of your levels.

Also the 'Develop' Persona will convert your image to a file type of your choice - it does not develop to a RAW. RAW has to be developed to be seen and be adjusted outside the Develop Persons.

The RAW file is entirely digital and needs a reader to be 'seen' - you cannot print a RAW file hence your selected image not being RAW. It must mean that you have selected sRGB as the target file type.

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2018 at 8:27 PM, Sharkey said:

I am 'not sure' about using a 'Macro' to convert/develop your RAW file a number of times to give you what you want. If not the you will have to develop from scratch for each of your levels.

Also the 'Develop' Persona will convert your image to a file type of your choice - it does not develop to a RAW. RAW has to be developed to be seen and be adjusted outside the Develop Persons.

The RAW file is entirely digital and needs a reader to be 'seen' - you cannot print a RAW file hence your selected image not being RAW. It must mean that you have selected sRGB as the target file type.

Thank you... for idea, hope affinity relase update, so user can acces original raw after develop.