pgraficzny

Bad color generation CMYK in layer effect - Outer Shadow

At the beginning, I apologize for my English :(

Bad CMYK components the Layer Effect/Outer Shadow in PDF export from AD. Document setup is CMYK colour format. The result does not match the settings in the effect palette. You can see on the attached screens. After rasterizing PDF document in Photoshop you can see the problem. The last screen shows the correct condition after flattening the shadow and background before export to PDF from AD.

outer-shadow-settings.png

is.png

should-be.png

Hi pgraficzny,

Would you be able to attach a screenshot of what PDF settings you are exporting to please? If you could also attach your AFDesign and resulting PDF file that would be very helpful! 

Thanks!

This is what I see in PS when I open your PDF.

capture-002202.png.2dbdb3047da341ddd3185a33c20f4a8e.png

Looks correct to me.

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

Ah, yes, I understand the issue now. The screen shots threw me off. I apologize.

Affinity applications do not support live transparency and as such cannot keep something like the drop shadow as 100% K.

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

That said, with black set to multiply, the result should be consistent even though the shadow is rasterized into the background image.

So unless the image was/is to be further manipulated in PS, it is/should be fine.

While still not the best, try the PDF export named PDF for Print. Go into the More section and uncheck the Allow Advanced Features. The shadow will be a better build of black, even though the CMY will still be there.

Effectively, the CMY is so low values AD is effectively knocking out the black otherwise.

Mike