You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Rocketdrive

This is the other side of the spectrum, good ol' isometric vectors :)

It became part of a larger infographic that a colleague of mine finished (and which I can't share at the moment). The beauty of isometric design is that once You have correctly scewed and rotated Your building blocks even larger scenes become pretty straight forward – Affinity Spotlight recently shared a great tutorial on that. The trickier parts are of course geometries at odd angles, as well as round structures.

Full disclosure: we bought a similarly looking original from iStock, but due to the messy way that vector and raster layers were intertwined we decided to use it just as a reference and rebuild the whole thing properly.

Iso World.jpg

This looks great. (Shame we can't see the finished product but there's obviously a good reason why not, otherwise you would have shown it.)
I'm not sure I like the way the train gets blurred towards the right, but that's probably just me.
I've always been a bit of a sucker for isometric art and I don't know why. Just one of those things I guess.

Like the plane, but the train needs a shadow to ground it and I agree with GarryP the blurring doesn't suit the art.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions