You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Scrolling

I've just noticed that you can actually scroll above the first page to negative infinity and beyond the last page to positive infinity (meaning way too far).

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

Picking up on scrolling, an aside from @Seneca point, Is there any way to scroll the central section of the app I.e. where the actual page is displayed? 

A horizontal scroll bar would be useful to move this section if the side panels obscure part of the pages.

Bri_G, scrollbar visibility depends on your general settings in the macOS Preferences. If you select to always display scrollbars or depending on trackpad or mouse use there, you will see a horizontal scrollbar too. And you can always scroll horizontally with Shift + Mouse Wheel:)

11 hours ago, Bri_G said:

... setup preferences to always see the scrollbar. I find that much better for general use.

So do I.

I am not a big fan of Apple's systematic overuse of 'hide it until you need it' & 'show it only if you roll over it' UI decluttering methods. I get that this is important on small-screen iOS devices, but it breaks one of the traditional user friendliness design principles that in the old days Apple itself help establish, that being that the function of everything in the UI should be as obvious & self-explanatory as possible.

That is a bit hard to do when an ever increasing number of things in the UI are not even normally visible! :S

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 4 weeks later...

Picking up on scrolling topic again, with the focus on speed, scrolling through the pages pannel goes always with the same speed, no matter the numbers of pages. In a document with many pages, regular mouse scrolling becomes unusefull and you switch to drag the scrollbar. In inDesign you can zoom in and in the pages pannel to change between distant pages faster.

It is not a big thing, but for usability it would be nice to have an option to adjust the scrolling speed related to the page number or to implement the option to zoom in and out the pages pannel as in inDesign.

Or am I missing something?

There is another scrolling issue, which I have not yet found in other threads. The page zoom sometimes changes (pages zoom out) when scrolling through a document. I am using a 2-button mouse with scroll-wheel, which acts also as the third button. This never happened (so far), when using the trackpad for scrolling.

Cheers,
Chris

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.