You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

notes / comments to design files feature

• 8 months later...

I would just like to second this as a feature request. Even though I work alone, I am struggling to find a tidy but simple way to keep track of ideas, comments and changes to the projects I am working on. It would be great to be able to have a file specific note taking feature in this app. If possible it would include

1. General note taking
  2. A To Do list feature which kept a dated log when you completed a task
  3. A place to make notes about the client and the project etc
  4. the ability to email a project snap shot with notes/annotations from within this feature.

Just curious, how do folks here currently manage their project notes, ideas, client interactions, project histories etc? 

At the moment I am thinking of downloading an app like Things from the Mac App store as a way of managing my projects? Anyone have any suggestions for other Apps or approaches to design task management?

Cheers

Reality is perception. Perception is reality. You are in charge of both.

iMac  |  21.5  |  Mid 2011                 MacBook Air  |  13 inch  |  Early 2015

2.5 GHz  |  i5 quad                          1.6 GHz  |  Core i5

20 GB Ram  |  10.12.6                     8 GB Ram  |  10.13.6

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 12/3/2015 at 0:18 PM, Mediafuel said:

Just curious, how do folks here currently manage their project notes, ideas, client interactions, project histories etc? 

At the moment I am thinking of downloading an app like Things from the Mac App store as a way of managing my projects? Anyone have any suggestions for other Apps or approaches to design task management?

I use Trello . It is a very powerful management tool. It has a free and a paid version, but the free version works well for most cases. 

iMac (24 inch, M1, 8 cores, 16 GB Memory, 2021)

iPad Pro 12.9", 3rd Generation

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, NathanKey said:

Great idea this functionality!
It would be a very, very smart function to be applied in various ways!

As always, the place for feature requests is not here in the Questions forum (because the developers do not as a rule follow this forum) but in the appropriate section of the Feature Requests & Suggestions forum.

Please read the 'few things to keep in mind' section before posting.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7