You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP crashed on MAC adding page from master

I was using Affinity Publisher on my Apple MacBook Air when it crashed.

Here's what I was doing:

I was creating a 2019 calendar.

My first thought was to create a Master Page with a table layout 7 column wide for days of the week plus 6 rows for dates, 1 row for the name of the month, and one for the days of the week; or a total of 8 rows.

Once I created the master page, I figured I'd create 12 pages from that master, and edit each page for each month.

That didn't work, because I couldn't edit the table on the page.

So plan B became edit the master to be the January Master, then copy that to make a new master for February, etc.

I created the January Master, created the January Page, copied the January Master and edited it to make a February Master, created the February Page, etc.

After I edited the October master to make the November Master, Affinity Publisher crashed (just disappeared completely) when I attempted to create the November page from the November Master.

Of course, I hadn't saved my document yet - but the good news is Affinity say it and allowed me to restore it as soon as I restarted it.  In fact, the November page had been created correctly, so the error myst have occurred after that.

Apple crash dump attached

AP CRASH DUMP 9-3-2018 SRB.docx

• 5 weeks later...
  • Staff

He SteveB523,

Sorry about the late reply. It sounds like you might have encountered a generic crash related to tables. I had one this morning but I can't for the life of me remember what I was doing. Anyway, I just created a similar document to yourself and it was behaving itself. 

If it happens again, could you attach the file to this post and I'll see if I can reproduce it. 

• Staff

Hi @SteveB523,

You can use the Symbols studio to modify individual tables. 

• Create a Masterpage
  • Create 12 pages from that Masterpage
  • when you need to edit individual pages, turn off the sync - image.png
  • When you finish with the edits, turn the sync back on

Test this on the latest build ( 139 ) and see how it goes. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.