You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What Publisher is . . . and isn't

AP is a tool suited to laying out text and images in unstructured format for print.

Understanding that, the beta makes more sense and feels more complete (at least to me). 

• Content or layout? Layout. Think Affinity Designer with pages. As for content creation, +1 for Scrivener. 
  • Structured or unstructured? Unstructured. Master page text frames do not populate content pages (as in FrameMaker). It will be good for a magazine, or brochure. Not for long structured text (e.g., textbook, manual).
  • Print or screen? Print. No ePub or HTML export or interactivity among elements. Lacks slug and bleed, but still more so for print. 

I was hoping for something that could handle magazine and textbook, print and screen. It can't and that's expecting too much. 

Same for me. For writing complex manuals or stuff like this, with chapters, subchapters... its not really usable. 

Maybe i´m too blind, but i did not find a possibility to set a "master-flow-text-frame" which appears on all new pages (witch are connected to that master). I just change this flow-text-box there and all pages will follow (this linking is to much uncomfortabel for mass/flow-text)... Thats so essential....  Without that, i do not know, just for creating a calendar each year... its not the money worth for my fileds of use. 

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!