You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Rendering Workflow from PSD to Affinity

Now that Publisher has come out, we are looking at putting the full Affinity suite throughout the office and remove the monthly payments on Adobe Products. One of the things to consider is the workflow I use as a renderer with Photoshop, which makes a difference in the speed I can pump out renderings (3D architectural vizualization).

I currently render a scene with different elements. Then I import all elements (sometimes 10 of them) into one file. I create my base layer from the image that I render and convert this layer into a Smart Object. Then I use CameraRaw and tweak the rendering to my satisfaction. All settings of CameraRaw are saved on the SmartObject layer. Later, when I have received design changes, I quickly do these in 3D and re-render. Then I take the base rendered image and import it into my original Photoshop file. Make sure it is Smart Object and apply the same CameraRaw settings to this new rendering. Thus, I save about 20 to 30 minutes of Photoshop per rendering change.

I want to have the same workflow in Affinity Photo, using the Camera Persona, but I don't know how to make the equivalent SmartObject and save all the Camera Persona settings in the base layer. Any ideas out there?

PS: I really hope someone understands what I just wrote... :)

Imho there is no need for camera persona in this case. Just slap a bunch on adjustment layers on top of base layer, this is actually quite the same. Curves, Levels, etc.

The only real advantage of Camera persona is ability to tweak RAW files, which is not needed in your case obviously