You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Conversion from ID, Q, PM

Like many designers, I have many old InDesign files going back to the beginning in OSX. I also have a lot of Quark and PageMaker files too, back to OS 9 + a few Freehand files (loved that program, really miss it…)

It would be very, very helpful to convert these files and allow us to open them in Publisher. Well, maybe OS 9 files is asking a lot but, think of it as an opportunity to save some design history that, for the most part, will be lost moving forward.

Concerning converting old or current page layout files: perfection is the enemy. If you can get me 80-90%+ of the design and layout back on these, I would take it! (Forget all the other production, styles, and back end stuff used in publishing. That is all going to change but the particular layout and design elements are what the designer wants back most. Then they can adapt and use again in future or, print lost work again.)