You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Product Key needed for MSI installer

Like many others, the current version (1.6.5) of Photo and Designer were refusing to install for me, as well as the Publisher Beta, due to the font problem where the installer log shows:

The type initializer for 'System.Windows.Media.FontFamily' threw an exception.

Having over 2000 fonts installed has made this nearly impossible to readily narrow down, but I've even tried temporarily uninstalling all non-standard Windows fonts to no avail. I finally found a solution that actually works in one of the other threads: command line install and append " /extract" in place of the " /log" command used for logging. This has finally allowed me to upgrade Photo and Designer, but the MSI extractor asks for an email and product key for the Beta, which I, of course, don't have since it's a beta of a product not yet for sale. Is there any fix/workaround/ or answer for this so I can try the new beta? TIA

• Staff

We have reworked the 1.6.5 installer to avoid this problem and we are retesting it now, sorry for the problems. If it passes internal testing these changes should make it into the next Affinity Publisher beta installer (or perhaps the one after)

I understand there may be a work around in the meantime

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.