You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text "Replace all" does not work properly in a long document

Thanks Affinity for all the efforts put into Publisher. It will be a great piece of software to work with, especially in tandem with Designer and Photo.

I would like to report a limitation with the function of Ctrl + F for Find and Replace. Replace All tab in particular.

On a one page document Replace all works. Find next and replace one by one OK on a one page test.

Where Replace All does not work is as follows. Here is what I did.

I imported a pdf made of 1031 text in Publisher. A whole book I worked on in the past. Could import OK.

Then I tried a Find and Replace, hoping to test successfully a global Replace All throughout the document. One word for another.

The result was weird. 1) On the last page where the cursor was, that page had all words on it replaced by the intended replacement word. The word was only a four digit number.

The rest of the document, on all previous pages, that is 1030 pages, no replacement whatsoever.

Thanks for your attention to this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.