Just downloaded and installed it, wondered if I was missing where you put a way to divide a text frame into more than one column? Or are you going with having to place every text frame manually, ie, 2 separate frames on the same page?

The easiest way I've found (which is a nice surprise because it saves clicks vs. InDesign) is once you drag a text frame onto the document, the "Options Bar" (I forget what Affinity calls it) displays a "Columns" control. Piece of cake. Place cursor in one of the gutters to scale one column width relative to the neighboring one. Unfortunately don't see a gutter width control in the Options Bar but I'm sure there is one somewhere. Right-clicking inside the gutter didn't reveal any context menu.

3 hours ago, Cineman said:

Unfortunately don't see a gutter width control in the Options Bar but I'm sure there is one somewhere. Right-clicking inside the gutter didn't reveal any context menu.

As Fixx already mentioned, you will find more options through View -> Studio -> Text frame, including controls for the gutter. One of the tutorial videos also explains this quite nicely.