You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Thonex said:

Unless I have missed something. 

When pasting from Excel you have to select at least 2 cells in the Publisher table for it to work, otherwise it all goes into a single cell if you just select a single cell.

I don't use Google sheets, or Numbers so I have not tested them

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

1 hour ago, carl123 said:

When pasting from Excel you have to select at least 2 cells in the Publisher table for it to work, otherwise it all goes into a single cell if you just select a single cell.

Yes... well, in this case I'm copying from Google Sheets... and I did select multiple cells from both the source (google sheets) and Affinity Publisher. What I got was all the source in the first AP cell. In all cases, the source was a vertical selection of multiple cells of data.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any more questions or if I can be of more help.

2 minutes ago, Thonex said:

Let me know if you have any more questions or if I can be of more help.

If you try it using Excel does it work for you?

If not are you on a Mac or a Windows PC?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

2 hours ago, carl123 said:

I tried this but it keeps pasting into the first cell only (1.7.0.145 on Mac OSX High Sierra).

5 hours ago, icreate said:

I tried this but it keeps pasting into the first cell only (1.7.0.145 on Mac OSX High Sierra).

Hi @icreate

I was hoping someone else would have jump in after your post and confirm if it could be done or not on a Mac

All I can say is that I am on Windows and it works as I described.  So if it is just a Mac specific problem I would expect a fix in a future beta release.

1 hour ago, carl123 said:

Hi @icreate

I was hoping someone else would have jump in after your post and confirm if it could be done or not on a Mac

All I can say is that I am on Windows and it works as I described.  So if it is just a Mac specific problem I would expect a fix in a future beta release.

I'm on Mac as well. Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6... So if this works on Windows then yes, I would consider this a Mac version bug. 

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, souacz said:

1 You can use picture frame instead of simple picture and set-up scale in frame properties. 

2 When you have already design with pictures you can convert pictures to picture frames (in layer menu) and then as above

On 10/16/2018 at 4:25 PM, carl123 said:

Hi @icreate

Hello Carl123,

Having tried on both platforms I can confirm that it does work in the Windows (version 157), while it doesn't on the mac (version 162) OS Sierra 10.12.6.

(P.S. I've tried to use punctuation, spelling and grammar as sparingly as I possibly could...)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 10/16/2018 at 7:19 AM, carl123 said:

We believe this issue has been addressed in the latest beta 1.7.0.192

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

On 2/5/2019 at 5:47 PM, kcrt said:

I can't paste table data from Microsoft Excel, Numbers, and LibreOffice even selecting two (or more numbers of) cells.
I use Affinity Publisher Beta v.1.7.0.227 on my macOS Mojave 10.14.2 (18C54).

How do I work around?

TablePaste.mov

My hacky work around might help. I'm on a Mac running Mohave 10.14.6
(But ultimately, I need to link to a spreadsheet, or folder containing whatever so that docs will update dynamically, right?)

For now at least this works without having to retype a ton of data:

- Select and copy all the data you want from your existing tablet. Here I used an html table online to copy my son's football sched:
image.thumb.png.efefe4c5362a2ca793ca01bb734c396c.png

- In Affinity Pub, use the type tool image.png.9ebcb1270512e7fbab5d94073daa0f65.png and make a text container roughly big enough to paste all your data in. The text will be formatted with  tabs between the content from each cell. Dont try and make it look pretty, it's got the correct formatting here to paste into a table.

735096343_ScreenShot2019-08-18at5_08_58PM.png.4e9b9db2a796a9c87493b8684b5a39ad.png

- Again in Affinity, make a table with the amount of rows and columns you need

- Select all the cells you need and paste them in. All the tabs in the raw text are used to separate each item into cells.
image.thumb.png.c6644d6302a117631be94dafc5d24c0b.png

Again, not ideal but at least we aren't having to type or copy/paste each and every cell.

I've also tried this from Google Sheets and it works the same.

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2019 at 1:47 AM, kcrt said:

I can't paste table data from Microsoft Excel, Numbers, and LibreOffice even selecting two (or more numbers of) cells.
I use Affinity Publisher Beta v.1.7.0.227 on my macOS Mojave 10.14.2 (18C54).

How do I work around?

Hi, I just found this forum, as I needed to import a table (well more than one) into Affinity publisher 1.7.2 from Excel on a mac OSX 10.14.6. Just copy from Excel and in Affinity publisher selected table, created a little more than two cells (like in picture above) and pasted, brilliant, only a little reformatting. I had already redone four tables from scratch, good learning though. Thank you forum for the help.

• 10 months later...

Pasting data to text field and then copy/pasting to table works good for creating new tables, but updating data is too cumbersome as it breaks the styling. (Maybe that would be not a problem if I used table style, but my tables are to complicated to create a style - at least I don't have time to work out all the kinks)

Please provide a way to at least import csv or any other table data...

1 hour ago, unsquare said:

Please provide a way to at least import csv or any other table data...

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

In case you're not aware of the feature, you can File > Place to import a .xlsx document into an Affinity Publisher document.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 8/25/2020 at 1:12 PM, walt.farrell said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

In case you're not aware of the feature, you can File > Place to import a .xlsx document into an Affinity Publisher document.

Well that would be awesome, and maybe it works for simple and small files, but mine is neither - and Publisher crashes faster than the HIndenburg.

After a quick test - yes it works for a simple xls - but it won't update existing table - and as I mentioned I can't use the Table formats due to it's technical constrains and my time constrains and that means I need to restyle whole table on each update. 

So yeah, not good enough for me.... nice that it work's but that's not an import.

PS It doesn't import data formated as money values... =\

• 4 months later...
On 8/25/2020 at 7:12 AM, walt.farrell said:

Very true, but you are limited to the number of lines per page for that XLSX file.  When you are brining in an index for the previous year's articles (for a monthly newsletter), this xlsx file will exceed the 55 or so lines on a page.  An ability to span multiple pages would be very helpful.

• 5 months later...