Is there any way to import tabular data (like a csv or a table in a textfile) into a table in Affinity Publisher? I can't seem to link or place a file in any format. If I try to copy the data, it always lands in one table-cell.

Love the Affinity-products, by the way. Great work!

+1 I also think this could be a great feature, also to import CSV and keep a dynamic link between the file and the fields displayed on each page, updating the text field with a variable where each page number is equivalent to one row on the csv

+1. Also, pasting from common sheet applications (google sheets, Numbers, Excel) pastes all info into a single cell. There should be some built-in comma, tab, or space delimited auto-import. Right now it is very tedious to import anything into tables. Unless I have missed something.  

1 hour ago, Thonex said:

Unless I have missed something. 

When pasting from Excel you have to select at least 2 cells in the Publisher table for it to work, otherwise it all goes into a single cell if you just select a single cell.

I don't use Google sheets, or Numbers so I have not tested them

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

1 hour ago, carl123 said:

When pasting from Excel you have to select at least 2 cells in the Publisher table for it to work, otherwise it all goes into a single cell if you just select a single cell.

Yes... well, in this case I'm copying from Google Sheets... and I did select multiple cells from both the source (google sheets) and Affinity Publisher. What I got was all the source in the first AP cell. In all cases, the source was a vertical selection of multiple cells of data.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any more questions or if I can be of more help.

2 minutes ago, Thonex said:

Let me know if you have any more questions or if I can be of more help.

If you try it using Excel does it work for you?

If not are you on a Mac or a Windows PC?

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

2 hours ago, carl123 said:

I tried this but it keeps pasting into the first cell only (1.7.0.145 on Mac OSX High Sierra).

5 hours ago, icreate said:

I tried this but it keeps pasting into the first cell only (1.7.0.145 on Mac OSX High Sierra).

Hi @icreate

I was hoping someone else would have jump in after your post and confirm if it could be done or not on a Mac

All I can say is that I am on Windows and it works as I described.  So if it is just a Mac specific problem I would expect a fix in a future beta release.

1 hour ago, carl123 said:

Hi @icreate

I was hoping someone else would have jump in after your post and confirm if it could be done or not on a Mac

All I can say is that I am on Windows and it works as I described.  So if it is just a Mac specific problem I would expect a fix in a future beta release.

I'm on Mac as well. Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6... So if this works on Windows then yes, I would consider this a Mac version bug. 

Thanks.

5 hours ago, souacz said:

1 You can use picture frame instead of simple picture and set-up scale in frame properties. 

2 When you have already design with pictures you can convert pictures to picture frames (in layer menu) and then as above

On 10/16/2018 at 4:25 PM, carl123 said:

Hi @icreate

Hello Carl123,

Having tried on both platforms I can confirm that it does work in the Windows (version 157), while it doesn't on the mac (version 162) OS Sierra 10.12.6.

(P.S. I've tried to use punctuation, spelling and grammar as sparingly as I possibly could...)

On 10/16/2018 at 7:19 AM, carl123 said:

We believe this issue has been addressed in the latest beta 1.7.0.192

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

I can't paste table data from Microsoft Excel, Numbers, and LibreOffice even selecting two (or more numbers of) cells.
I use Affinity Publisher Beta v.1.7.0.227 on my macOS Mojave 10.14.2 (18C54).

How do I work around?