iSeeThis

Is it possible to select AP files in Finder and run Publisher to make PDF?

It should be convenient to have Publisher work like PDF maker software. Now I only have to drag AP's documents one by one onto a page. Please make it happen and it will fulfill my dream like a charm!

You can already do this on Windows, and I presume it would work similarly on Mac:

1. Create a new Publisher document. It will have one page. 
  2. Click on the Place Image Tool, which will open up a dialog to select files.
  3. Select the images you want, and click Open (or other appropriate dialog button).
  4. You now have the Place Image panel open, and the first image highlighted.
  5. Click and drag in the document to Place  the first image.
  6. If you want the next image to be on the same page, click and drag again to Place it.
  7. If you want the next image on a new page, ctrl+shift+PageDn to create a new page, then click and drag on it to Place the image.
  8. Repeat from step 5 until  you're done.

You could use Guides on a Master Page to help position the images if you want one per page and in the same position. Or you could use an approach where you put a picture frame on a document page and then duplicate that page "n" times, and then navigate from page to page placing the images.

When you're done, File > Export... to make your PDF.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404

12 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

You can already do this on Windows, and I presume it would work similarly on Mac:

Can't thank you enough, walt.farrell.

I'm on the lastest version. I've got Place Images tab with my images but I can't drag it into the document area. Actually I can't do anything with images, right click or left click. Is that all about the version?

It will be wonderful if we have another choice to drag them all and place it onto the Pages section and ready to make PDF for the press. I've done all the job in Affinity Photo already.

9 hours ago, iSeeThis said:

Can't thank you enough, walt.farrell.

I'm on the lastest version. I've got Place Images tab with my images but I can't drag it into the document area. Actually I can't do anything with images, right click or left click. Is that all about the version?

With the Image Place Tool selected, clicking on the page or dragging on the page should Place the top image from that tab.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404