You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is it possible to select AP files in Finder and run Publisher to make PDF?

You can already do this on Windows, and I presume it would work similarly on Mac:

1. Create a new Publisher document. It will have one page. 
  2. Click on the Place Image Tool, which will open up a dialog to select files.
  3. Select the images you want, and click Open (or other appropriate dialog button).
  4. You now have the Place Image panel open, and the first image highlighted.
  5. Click and drag in the document to Place  the first image.
  6. If you want the next image to be on the same page, click and drag again to Place it.
  7. If you want the next image on a new page, ctrl+shift+PageDn to create a new page, then click and drag on it to Place the image.
  8. Repeat from step 5 until  you're done.

You could use Guides on a Master Page to help position the images if you want one per page and in the same position. Or you could use an approach where you put a picture frame on a document page and then duplicate that page "n" times, and then navigate from page to page placing the images.

When you're done, File > Export... to make your PDF.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

12 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

You can already do this on Windows, and I presume it would work similarly on Mac:

Can't thank you enough, walt.farrell.

I'm on the lastest version. I've got Place Images tab with my images but I can't drag it into the document area. Actually I can't do anything with images, right click or left click. Is that all about the version?

9 hours ago, iSeeThis said:

Can't thank you enough, walt.farrell.

I'm on the lastest version. I've got Place Images tab with my images but I can't drag it into the document area. Actually I can't do anything with images, right click or left click. Is that all about the version?

With the Image Place Tool selected, clicking on the page or dragging on the page should Place the top image from that tab.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1