You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've produced an A5 portrait document.

Under print dialog, I've specified n-up, 2 across, 1 down, repeat 2.

I get 2 documents side by side on an A4 landscape page, but they are chopped off to the right and bottom edges.

I've tried different margins (and no margins) but don't get why 2 A5 documents aren't fitting on a single A4 sheet?

Bug or user error...?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi RogerCu,

Whilst an A5 will fit onto an A4 page twice, most printers are not able to fully print to the whole A4 region, and instead will have a smaller printable area. You can get your margins to be set from the printable area using the 'Retrieve Margin from Printer' button in the Spread Setup > Margins dialog. I would also check your printer documentation as well as that should generally list the printable dimensions.

Hi - attached is how printer outputs. This is an A5 document, with a rectangle drawn to the margins (set to printer). Aligned inside. Therefore would expect 2 complete rectangles on n-up, 2 across. Printer is Sharp MX-3070 multifunction.

IMG_2851.JPG

• Staff

Thanks for that! 

I've now reproduced this and will get it passed along to development! When I initially tried this I had a rectangle drawn to the page edges - so it was still being drawn on the page! However as you say fitting it in the margin you can see that extra space being added on!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.