Jump to content
createsean

Affinity Designer Export as PDF Artboard Order

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I have a designer file with two artboards named 01 Home, 02 detail and when I export the file as a pdf the artboards are not in the order I expect of 01, 02, but instead 02 is first and 01 is second.

How can I control the order of pdf pages?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The artboard at the bottom of the layers panel is page one and so on UP the layers panel. Sounds like you may need to drag one artboard below the other.

Mike


My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MikeW said:

The artboard at the bottom of the layers panel is page one and so on UP the layers panel. Sounds like you may need to drag one artboard below the other.

Mike

Ah... that makes sense. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, createsean said:

Ah... that makes sense. Thank you.

You're welcome...but I wouldn't say it makes sense, it's just the way it is!

Take care, Mike


My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MikeW said:

I wouldn't say it makes sense, it's just the way it is!

It makes sense in the ... er ... sense(!) that the first artboard you create is usually at the bottom of the stack, with the next one on top of that, etc.


Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, αℓƒяє∂ said:

It makes sense in the ... er ... sense(!) that the first artboard you create is usually at the bottom of the stack, with the next one on top of that, etc.

Yes. But I think that like pages are listed top-down, artboards ought to be as well. So if pages are added to AD, how do you think they will be listed?


My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, MikeW said:

Yes. But I think that like pages are listed top-down, artboards ought to be as well. So if pages are added to AD, how do you think they will be listed?

A good point, well made (as usual). It would be more than a little confusing if pages in AD were listed differently than pages in APub.


Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, αℓƒяє∂ said:

A good point, well made (as usual). It would be more than a little confusing if pages in AD were listed differently than pages in APub.

And "no one" would like bottom up page representation.

And now with APub and (normal) top-down page representation, there could/would be confusion switching from one to another. At least if orders are different.


My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×