You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No Bleed on PDF Output

Just opened up and fixed the pagination in an Affinity Designer file. Each page is set to the correct dimensions and bleed is set to 3mm.

Outputting the file to PDF with the 'more' option set to include bleed and printers marks on produces a PDF with marks but no bleeds...

When I print a PDF including "Bleed and marks" options checked and with the "Fit to printable" option (to get all the informations on the page) , I noticed that the bleed appears only with blocks solid color and not on picture blocks (or gradients blocks).
NB: however the bleed appears in the icon to the right of the window "Print"
NB2 : I dont know if it comes from Microsoft.PDFprinter or from Aff.Publisher

-------------------------------

Quand j'imprime un PDF avec "coupe et repères" et l'option "Fit to printable" pour avoir toutes les infos sur la page, la coupe n'apparait qu'avec les blocs de couleur unie et pas sur les blocs images ni sur les dégradés.
NB : pourtant la coupe apparaît bien dans l'icone à droite de la fenêtre "print".
NB2 : je ne sais pas si c'est du à Publisher ou au Printer Microsoft ?

Bleed.jpg

Well, now working with bleed ist much better but:

• by printing with scale or shrink to printable the (activated) bleed still isn't printed. AP doesn't care for the bleed while scaling the document
  • when I scale it manually to a lower percentage I can see the bleed and it will be printed
  • it would be verry helpfull to get marks on the edges to cut the paper
  • in exports now the the bleed is showen when activated for export, but here also the marks are missing

We are on a good way! :-)

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this particular problem, but every time I try to save a PDF, it automatically removes the last one I've created. This tends to be frustrating when you have to export multiple pages separately (say for business cards with some sites) and it instantly kills the previous export rather than allowing both the previous export and the new one you're working on to exist with separate filenames.

6 minutes ago, Roland Dicke said:

I'm not if I get you right... you ant to export the pages of one document as single files with seperate file names?

Do you export the pages one by one by using the "currenpt page" choise?

I select that option and it instantly deletes the old file before I can rename the new one. Hell, it even does it to files that are different from the file I'm working on like it remembers which file it previously wrote. The only time it does not do this is if that file is open in a pdf viewer or has been renamed after it was exported within File Explorer. Though, if you overwrite it and re-export even to a new file name with the current page or all pages set, it still overwrites that file.

Also, if I try to do the same thing within Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo, none of this behavior presents itself. I can keep saving multiple files with different names without it automatically deleting them when I open the export dialog.

It's confusing, but that's exactly what's been going on whenever I export files to PDF. I suspect it also does much of the same if it were a JPEG or TIFF since it automatically removes the previous file. It's also very annoying.

Edited by ayanematrix
Adding more info

I have the same build (1.7.0.58) on Win 10 Pro (build 17134), but even after closing the app and reopening a file I was testing, it did the same thing as I described before. I even went as far as putting the source file and exported files in different directories and it's doing the same exact thing in the new folder.

The only way I can keep files as I try to export multiple copies of it is to rename them in File Explorer after it was created the first time.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.